Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-2113 Spotify Connect doesn't work

Denon AVR-2113 Spotify Connect doesn't work

Spotify app on the receiver works 'fine' (sluggish and slow) but I'm able to log in and play music.

From my Android phone I can find my Android tablet and use Spotify Connect to play songs on the tablet from my Phone.

t, 

But the receiver does not show up in Spotify Connect. I can ping/telnet the receiver from my Laptop. It's present on the network.

And yes, I am a premium member.

How can I progress with debugging the Spotify Connect issue with my Denon AVR-2113 receiver?

7 Replies

Anyone else having this issue?

So where is the real ticketing system for Spotify? Obviously the community is a s h i t t y solution to do bug reporting. Two weeks in and not one reply from even first line support.

Hey @sata

I just saw your tweet to @SpotifyCares. Maybe I can help...

I've seen this problem posted a few times before ranging from several different receiver brands.

The thing that usually resolves this is to unplug the receiver for a few minutes and then plug it back it to refresh the connection and then it should show up on the Spotify Connect list.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else you can try but I know it's worked for others here in the Spotify Community. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here, I use a Denon Ceol N9 with an Ipad Air as source to connect to Spotify Connect.
Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't.
It started with the 3.0 update and the 3.1.0 didn't fix it.

Things I tried:
Reboot Ipad,
Reboot Denon
Take power of of Denon
Resetting Denon, aswell doing a factory reset
Resetting router
Changing channels on router
Fixed IP for the Denon on router
DHCP off on Denon

The Denon shows up as available in Spotify on the network, but it doesn't seem to find a connection most of the times.

sata try my solution here (force fixed IP address and google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

This doesn't sound like a solution at all.  Why would changing wireless channel 'fix' anything? for for that matter a factory reset on Denon? Or reseting my router?

How would it help me to do name lookups through google DNS?

Did you solve the problem? I don't see the receiver either...

Suggested posts