Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR + Spotify Connect Volume Leveling & Sound Quality

Denon AVR + Spotify Connect Volume Leveling & Sound Quality

I have a Denon AVR-X2100W and Spotify Connect is generally working well but I have 2 issues:

1) Is the Denon getting the high-quality 320kbps stream?

2) The lack of volume leveling/normalization is a real problem.  Many of the tracks in playlists are at a significantly different volume and it is not reasonable to have to be constantly tweaking the volume.  If this can't be addressed, I won't be extending my membership.

3 Replies

About 2)

Same problem here with the different volume of tracks in a playlist. For me this makes Spotify Connect rather useless. Also for me this will be part of the evaluation criteria to extend my premium membership or not...

Earlier, there have been ideas/requests to have "normalization" available for Spotify Connect, but they have all been abandoned because of "not enough kudos". See

For me it is not as bad on newer music where the volume levels between tracks seem to be fairly close, but on playlists with older tracks it can get pretty bad/unacceptable.

It's too bad we can't seem to resurrect those older requests but maybe we should start a new one (although it seems pretty unlikely that they will be able to address this before my 3-month trial runs out)?

My  Denon receiver just received an update which replaces spotify app with spotify connect and spotify connect sound worse than the app. 

It sounds like 128kbs or less. If I listen trough HDMI from spotify on my computer it sounds way better. 

It is dissapointing.

And as I searched this is on all hardware devices (mean withoud real OS like smartphone or computer using spotify connect) which should have better sound but they have worse because of the spotify connect. So I assume that this is because of some spotify software limitation. 

Suggested posts