Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X1100W

Denon AVR-X1100W

Hey there!

i just bought my device roughly a week ago - especially because of Spotify Connect. However the receiver does not show any Spotify Icon @ the network. However if i am using Spotify on my Android phone i am able to see the receiver in the list for Spotify Connect (sometimes). By clicking on it nothing happens......If i close and restart Spotify with the Remote App on my phone i will be redirected to Spotify @ the phone but nothing else.

Did i miss something out or why am i not able to get Spotify working @ the receiver? O.o

Hopefully someone is able to help me with this rly annoying issue.

Cheers

15 Replies

Hi mad_chemist,

I have similar problems connecting to my Yamaha receivers. I wrote about that in an other post in this forum. As far as I can find out my problems are related to my account. When I try to logon with my daughter's account all will work fine.

There are several other posts addressing similar problems.

Can you try to logon with someone else's account and see if it works?

If it works then you probably have the same problem as I do.

If so then hopefully Spotify can tell us what's wrong with our accounts (to many or complicated playlists or something else).

/Mats

I heard someone else was having this problem and what fixed it for them was to sign out of the Spotify android app, and then sign back in. Try it out 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Matt Suda and thank's for your reply.

I have already tried that. Everything worked fine until approximately 5 weeks ago. Then Spotify Connect stopped working for me.

I have tried:

1. Logging of my devices (an iPod Touch and a Sony Experia)
  2. Restarting my devices (power off)
  3. Restarting my receivers (power off)
  4. Changing password for my account
  5. Making a factory reset on one of my receivers (Yamaha RX-A2030)

None of the actions were succesful. I can see my receivers in the list of "connectable" devices, but when I select any then the speaker icon won't go green (it will flash for a long time as if trying).

If I try logging on with someone else's (read my daughter's) account on any of my devices then the Spotify Connect will work beautifully.

Logging on with my own account again and it will not work!

/Mats

Is your account premium? Is you daughter's account premium?

To me it seems like it's a problem with the account.

If both accounts are premium (connect is a premium feature)

then I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and see what is going on:

explain to them it works on a different account, but not yours

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, they are both premium.

My conclusion is also that there is a problem with my account (or if I have exceeded any limitations in using playlists, folders, number of tunes in My music...)

I will contact Spotify Support.

Thanks

/Mats

I will test it with another Premium Account as well. However i will just contact the Spotify Support as well. This issue is really curious and annoying...

Thanks

Hi again,

I started a new account with a new user name and now all is working fine.

The likely cause to my problems was that I had non-standard letters in the username like '[' and ']'.

/MAts

Same issue here. Spotify app shows AVR X2100 but, tries connecting but I cannot hear music. : (

Had the exact same issue with a Yamaha 577 and replaced it with the Denon cause I thought it is a Yamaha issue. Username is standard chars only... 

Not really user friendly...

Hi,

I had problems with my account and getting a new one solved all my problems. When I was in touch with Spotify support they guessed that it was because of my none standard user name. But that is just a guess, not a fact. The problem with my account could be something else.

So, you should really try to logon with someone else's premium account to test. If you can't test it with someone else's account then create a new one. You can have a premium account for free for a month.

If this test works then you know that it is not a problem with your hardware or wifi setup.

/Mats

Already done. Created a new account (chars only) but issue stays the same...
Sometimes the title is shown on the front display, but only sometimes...

I have the same issue with my new X4100W. I have a premium account, but the Spotify Connect Symbol hardly ever shows up, either on my Ipad, my wifes iphone or my Android phone. ANd if it does, I cannot play the music. All other network functions on the receiver work fine and spotify connect works fine between various devices in my network. I setup a new account to test wether it had something to do with account, but that did not work either. This is my 2nd X4100W as the first had issues with its network card hangs, but apart from that the first one worked fine with spotify, so it is s new receiver in exactly the same network location and with exactly the same network settings as before.

Denon support is very poor on this, I did not find a knowledgable person and did already 4 hard resets of the device. My dealer says it must be a spotify issue, but the issue is only with my receiver.

I don't even know how to troubleshoot next.

@la1402 wrote:

I have the same issue with my new X4100W. I have a premium account, but the Spotify Connect Symbol hardly ever shows up, either on my Ipad, my wifes iphone or my Android phone. ANd if it does, I cannot play the music. All other network functions on the receiver work fine and spotify connect works fine between various devices in my network. I setup a new account to test wether it had something to do with account, but that did not work either. This is my 2nd X4100W as the first had issues with its network card hangs, but apart from that the first one worked fine with spotify, so it is s new receiver in exactly the same network location and with exactly the same network settings as before.

Denon support is very poor on this, I did not find a knowledgable person and did already 4 hard resets of the device. My dealer says it must be a spotify issue, but the issue is only with my receiver.

I don't even know how to troubleshoot next.

Are you using a network switch? If yes, try to connect your receiver directly to the router.

Have you tried using its Wi-Fi connection instead?

I'm assuming you have already made sure DHCP is off?

You have to be a Spotify Premium member to work with Denon avr-x1100w

Denon flat out sucks at customer service and support. Its a hit or miss to keep their **bleep** working. I keep having to initialize the AVR 1100 even with aetting lock on to keep things connected and working right. I never had this many problems with Sony or Onkyo. The manual has the worst incomprehensible layout I have ever seen. This is my first and last Denon product. Totally pissed feel like I have been stolen from by Denon. When I pay a premium for a product I expect it to work and if it doesn't I expect customer support. What a total rippoff.

I unplugged my AVR-1100W receiver for 30 seconds, and plugged it in again. That did the trick. 

Suggested posts