Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

505 Replies

I downgraded to the December firmware. However, Spotify connect no longer works, although airplay seems to be working better than before the downgrade. My guess is that Spotify has upgraded their servers. I do not know, however whether that guess is correct and, if it is correct, whether the new firmware works properly with the new server. I'm awaiting a reply from a brave person willing to try the new firmware and see if it now works with Spotify connect.
Marked as solution

Support told me to:

- Power On
- Switch to Online Music source
- Press & hold TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNE - until "Initialization..." displays on FL Display

However, after doing that, I tried again and I can see on the LCD: "Connecting..." then "Assining..." and then back to Favorites, in other words, still didn't work. Then I tried again and nothing. No more messages, only the app says "Connecting..." then goes back paying on the iphone. I can however play on my other receiver and my PC. Just not the Denon PC.

Maybe someone else has better luck.

This did the trick for my AVR-X1200W receiver. After first network restart Spotify started detecting Denon again, after first connection everything broke, went to "Please wait" screen one more time and then started to work again.

Glad that worked for you. After reinstalling the latest firmware, I tried your method but it unfortunately was not successful with the X2100. Also, I noticed that attempting to connect to Spotify connect disconnected the x2100 from the network and ended up re-setting the network.

Guys.
Right now Connect works with latest Denon firmware and PC client. After i started playing on Denon via Pc client i can use my (Android) phone to controll music as before. Wonder why doesnt it shows on mobile before starting Connect tho'.
Little disappointed lately in spotify, idiot UI changes (now i have to scroll if i want to remove from recently played, if i saved a song from the band, i need 3 clicks to get to the artist page and not just saved song, etc...) and now this...
There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

Same problem here with the x2100w. Latest firmware also tried that method. It does show up on my iphone and pc afterwards but when trying to connect it disconnected the denon from the network and initializing the network again... 

Hope it gets fixed soon. This is really annoying

This worked for me:

- Power On
- Switch to Online Music source
- Press & hold TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNE - until "Initialization..." displays on FL Display
- Power Off/On

on my AVR-S910W

This is a solution for some people, but not for all, and not for the problem I am to several others are currently having. I have used a static IP address for sometime, and has not help my problem at all. To see my current issue, just view my recent postings before this one.

Got an X2200W and connect no longer works, just hangs.

Thanks, but been there and done that. X2100 and iPhone 7 iOS 10.3.2.

This is unbelievable. How can these problems arise again and again? How is this level of incompetence even possible? Wake up and do your jobs, Denon and Spotify!

I have found my problem... a long... long time ago, I have manually setup the network connections, and it was working fine till the formware update early in July/2017. Since the update, spotify no longer connected. Since I never made any changes to the receiver, and AirPlay has always worked, it was a fair assumption that the problem was on the firmware (and it is!)

However, after waiting for a while now for a solution I decided to verify all my settings and I found a typo on my primary DNS address. Even though my secondary DNS address was correct, it didn't fall back to the secondary DNS, at least not after the firmware upgrade!

Now it works like a charm. I would suggest you use a well known dns server, like google's (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4). Give that a shot.

Glad it worked for you. No luck here with iPhone 7 and iOS 10.3.3 or with the Spotify app on my windows 10 laptop. Denon avr-x2100

Hello all. I am having the same issue on a Denon 1913. I tried everything you guys listed on the blog. However I am not able to get my spotify app on my iphone to show my receiver as an option for spotify connect but only airplay which sucks if you are in a different location specially when you use the multizone functionality. On my onlyo receiver works great. This is not acceptable.

Denon AVR-X1100 Spotify connect works again. No firmware update, no software update on my end. Whatever you did up there, thanks, guys. Hope this lasts.

Could it be because it`s not suppoerted anymore?

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/denon/ 

Europe: AVR-2113, AVR-3313 and AVR-2313.

US: AVR-4520CI, AVR-3313CI, AVR-2313CI and AVR-2113CI, as well as the new 7.1-channel Model AVR-1913.

Worked earlier today but not anymore. This is strange. We listened to spotify through Playstation 3 today and noticed that in addition to ps3, Denon showed up in the list in Android devices and Spotify connect worked perfectly with both ps3 and Denon. Not anymore, though.

If this is indeed a matter of discontinued support, I will also discontinue our Spotify family premium. Also, no more Denon in this house. Too many problems. No endorsements, either.

I'm utterly gutted.

[quote]
Could it be because it`s not suppoerted anymore?

https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/denon/

Europe: AVR-2113, AVR-3313 and AVR-2313.
US: AVR-4520CI, AVR-3313CI, AVR-2313CI and AVR-2113CI, as well as the new 7.1-channel Model AVR-1913. [/quote]

I think that is a list of devices that can run Spotify directly without any external devices?

If thats the case then they can Kiss my spotify family goodbye. Not gonna buy a new receiver When my other is not even a year old...

That's an old list. The more recent denons aren't listed.

Suggested posts