Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

505 Replies

Spotify works again. They must've fixed a bug in the server.

Noup...

Sorry to hear that. They partially fixed the problem so it works with a wider range of receivers, routers, etc. I'll test Spotify connect for stability on my system this weekend. Didn't have time for that last night. I hope Spotify continues to work on a solution - hopefully not a solution that fixes one thing while breaking something else.

My wife had some exchange with Spotify since I'm not in facebook. Apparently, her message was misunderstood and she was told that Denon has been dropped from device specific apps or something of the sort. She was also pushed towards Spotify connect in which e.g. an android device functions as a remote. Well, our problem is just that, Spotify connect. Some accurate info from Spotify or Denon might be in order.

I experience the same issues with my X4200W since a couple of weeks. I thought the latest fw update (July) was the culprit but after finding/reading this topic I hope we get better answers eventually, and a fix.

i just received an email regarding my pioneer AVR, might be the same thing with denon?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-infomration-by-Mail-Stopping-services-for-Pi...

"

Hey folks, welcome to the Spotify Community!

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they are removing the app from Pioneer devices.

With new wireless streaming opportunities, it’s now easier to simply connect Spotify to your different devices rather than having an app for each. They believe this change will provide you with much smoother listening sessions.

Don’t worry, there are still plenty of ways to stream Spotify on your speaker! Check out their guide here or head to this link.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'm always here for you 🙂

"

I look to improve my overall life experience and am very likely to remove Spotify and Denon from my and my family's lives in the very near future.

What do they mean by app? Do they mean Spotify Connect? Is that an app? Or do they mean some other method i.e. receivers that run Spotify as standalone devices? Are they intentionally misleading customers by using the verb connect when they suggest alternative ways to "enjoy" Spotify?

Spotify could learn how to write clearly. They seem to be talking about discontinuing apps that reside on or control only specific devices. For example, an app that controls only a certain brand of speaker. The Spotify connect apps for iOS and android are generic. As far as I can tell, Spotify's email does not apply to that app.

Spotify could learn how to write clearly. They seem to be talking about discontinuing apps that reside on or control only specific devices. For example, an app that controls only a certain brand of speaker. The Spotify connect apps for iOS and android are generic. As far as I can tell, Spotify's email does not apply to that app.

Anybody here with a denon avr1913?
I can tell you for sure Denon is the problem. I have good experience on network set up and have tried everything possible no solution. Spotify cannot see the denon receiver on the connect side, sucks
On the other hand I have another receiver onkyo 700 series with 3 zones. Spotify connect works like sharm in all the 3 zones.
Hard to believe that onkyo with cheaper receivers than Denon can handle this requirement while Denon sucks.
Frustrated here guys!!! Thanks all for sharing

I have the same problem with an X3100W. Haven't been able to use Spotify Connect for weeks. Airplay does work, but that is less than ideal. Not the first time this has occured, but it's definitely the longest period I've been without the ability to use Connect.

Today it's working fine with my X4200W though. So far...
Marked as solution

This worked for me. Thank you!

Support told me to:

- Power On
- Switch to Online Music source
- Press & hold TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNE - until "Initialization..." displays on FL Display

I tried that earlier. Nothing.
But today it worked. What on earth... Hope the problem is over.
Marked as solution

Looks now its working again. I had to use a different method for my x2100w

1. Switch the device to the source ONLINE MUSIC.

2. AVR X1100W / X2100W / X3100W: Hold down the "ZONE2 SOURCE" and "DIMMER" buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

AVR X1200W / X2200W / X3200W: Hold down the "TUNER PRESET CH -" and "TUNER PRESET CH +" buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

AVR X4100W / X5200W / X7200W: Hold down the "DIMMER" and " CURSOR > " buttons ( under the front flap ) buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

AVR X4200W / X6200W / X7200WA: Hold down the "DIMMER" and "SETUP" buttons ( under the front flap ) buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds.

There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

X2100W -> Zone2 Source + Dimmer worked for me, thanks!

Was ok for a few days and is down again. Crappy system.

Initially, we had one spotify premium. Then I upgraded to Spotify family to allow the whole family to enjoy Spotify. Now my account works fine with Spotify connect but the other three don't. We all have Sony android phones. Mine is Z5, my wife has Z3+ (=Z4) and the kids both have X's.

I have Denon x4100w and Denon DRA n4 and same issues since last firmware updates which included also changes in Spotify. Playing via Connect is not working in 99% of the cases. All other network functions incl AirPlay work. None of the solutions work - restart, initialisation of network card, factory reset. DENON are helpless, Spotify silent. I think they need to sit, look into the issue and solve it fast in a professional manner like Apple does. This constant issues every 2-3 months are unacceptable. Dont Push us back to our good collections of FLAC music.

I'm also having this issue. I've tried everything. Turning dhcp off, factory reset, wired. And wireless. I'm so frustrated. I can get the air play to work SOMETIMES. What in the world. This happened about a year ago then was fine. Then a month ago started. Then worked for a few days and now it is not working again. Someone help!!!!

Suggested posts