Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Solved!

Denon AVR-X2100W - No Spotify Connect

Just purchased a new Denon receiver and everything is working OK except Spotify connect, it doesn't show as a device on the connect page. I can stream everything via AirPlay OK, but connect doesn't show. They are both running on the same network, but I wonder if there are any settings I need to consider for spotify specifically. I have tried searching the forums but haven't come up with anything so far. If anyone could point me in the direction of some help it would be much appreciated!

505 Replies

Same problem as everyone else - AVR-X2100, worked fine until the weekend, now i've got the same issues as everyone else here.

No matter from where i want to connect (btw where's connect for windows phones?!).

I have not updated spotify nor the receiver recently.

Checked by providing a fix IP and all networks parameters (DNS, Mask etc.)  : no success.

My IP seems stable...

My local media works perfectly (DLNA on NAS)...

Really on spotify side...

Reply from Denon:

We are aware of an issue with Spotify Connect and are currently working with Spotify on a resolution.  In the interim, please use Bluetooth or Airplay if you have an iOS device to stream Spotify to your receiver.  Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Technical Support/Custom Install
D+M Group

=================

Reply from Spotify:

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear you're having problems with Spotify Connect.

This appears to be an issue for several people and is currently being looked into by our technical team. Apologies for any inconvenience but we hope to get this sorted soon.

So we can investigate further could you let us know the following:

- The firmware version on your Denon receiver
- The operating system of the device you are using Connect with
- The Spotify version on the device you are using Connect with

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joe | Executive Team

Spotify Customer Support

Did you know we have an extensive help section on our website? You can find it at https://support.spotify.com

Finally a message that somebody from Spotify/Denon agree there is an issue and they are working to a solution.....

For now I did still sent some tweets..... (not that I think it will speed things up, but at least try.)

Hi Bert, as said yesterday, Denon Netherlands agreed in the problem. I'm sure they're working on a solution.

try OpenNic dns server

https://www.opennicproject.org/

78.138.97.93 (ns14.de) as 1primary 

192.71.245.208 (ns1.it) as secondary

tried few minutes ago . no spotify on opendns, works with fastweb italy private and those servers that are public

Red5

No twitter here, nor will there be. In case someone at Spotify reads this: I'm running Spotify version 340.764 on Android and Denon AVR-X1100W firmware version 1600-6461-4043. Connect no worky, no worky.

Back and forth with Spotify by email, and it's terrible. They're not reading my emails properly or acknowledging what I am saying. Insisting that I re-install everything, and they want screen shots... I'm just going to ignore that email and hope they're actually on it.

I think they're working on it, guess we should be patient while they figure it out. At least both parties have acknowledged that there is a problem, now hopefully they won't start pointing the finger at each other while they each do nothing.

Spotify over Bluetooth sounds really, really crappy compared to Spotify Connect so I hope they fix this soon!

Dear Joe,

In the Netherlands i am working with
Aroid 5.0.1 kernel 3.4.0-4842258
Denon x2100w kernel 3600-5461-6660
Spotify 3.4.0.764

Hope you can figure it out very soon!

Thx and good luck!

Hope to hear good news from you.

Regards Eelco Elshout

Denon X1100W checking in here to report the same problem. Been using spotify connect for months and a few day ago it just stopped working. From Italy.

5 Days......

No comment. 

Strange enough, I have now gone from streaming a song in 2 sec. to be able to stream a whole song.

When I change song, the problem occur again. 

So we just have to sit on the ledge and wait for a solution.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

I am able to stream a whole song. When I change song, the problem occur again. 

I Think they are working on the problem. Marantz SR6009, Netherlands

I have the same problem using my Denon AVR-X3100W.

I am able to play one song, after the song the network connection on the Denon is reset.

Yesterday I found the following alert / message on the Denon Customerservice site: http://denon-eu.custhelp.com/

"25/8/2015: We're aware of an issue with Spotify Connect and are currently working with Spotify on a solution. In the interim, please use Bluetooth or Airplay if you have an iOS device to stream Spotify to your receiver. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue. "

Cool, we finally have proof that the incident is known and being resolved.
 Thank you Wido !

X3100W here. Same problem. Plays 2 seconds of a song and drops the wifi connection. I thought it was a problem on my end but glad it is not based on all the folks reporting.

Capture.JPG

Yes, that is the alert I saw and shared here..

I have the same problem, it's good too see they are working on it. 

My denon x2100W has the same firmware for a while not (up-to-date), so as my spotify clients.

Interesting, that sometimes i can connect, but only play a few seconds from the song, and then denon (?) loses connection.

I thought it's a spotify problem, but not sure, since i can see the DVR on router's client list, but cannot connect to it (web interface).

edit: and even my computer see the denon (at devices and printers as a multimedia device), i just cannot connect to it.

There is something in the air... must be sound waves.

Suggested posts