Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon And spotify Connect

Denon And spotify Connect

Hi,

I have just bought a Denon X1100 for my parents, and i was setting it up at their place. I just used my own phone, and afterwards tried to set it up on their phones. But ... The Denon X1100 is shown in my Spotify, no matter where i am ... I called my mother to see if i could actually control it, and i could ... 

Now their amplifier is always shown in my spotify. I tried connecting their phone to my spotify account, and then they could use the spotify connect feature on the Denon amplifier.

As i understand, spotify connect is just browsing the network for connect devices (Which really makes me wonder how i can control their unit over the internet) ... 

How can this be added to their account and removed from my account.

5 Replies

Hi, unfortunately I don't have an answer at the moment, but I've noticed on my own account that I was able to control Spotify Connect even if my phone was just connected to my data plan. I'm not sure if Spotify has changed the way it works or if this is a bug. Going to be looking into this a bit more.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay, I checked up on this. It looks like everything is actually working as intended. The devices have to be on the same WiFi network when you first set them up, and then after that, yes, you can control it from anywhere you have Internet access. What this means is it's probably going to require a factory reset on your parents' amplifier to be able to pair it to their account instead of yours. You'll need to check the Denon's manual to see how to do that.

dinomightSpotify Star

What about Marantz. I have my system in with Ethernet do you think that would make a difference?

It's still on the same network obviously.

That's a good question @lefty . Are you having issues with the initial set up and the speaker is just not showing up, or is it like what the OP is experiencing and you can't unpair it from  a device it's already connected to? Also, is it possible for you to temporarily try the speaker with a wireless connection rather than ethernet, or is there just no way you can set it up that way?

dinomightSpotify Star

As far as I know it should definitely work over Ethernet, I've seen reports of it working with Yamaha receivers with wired connections.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts