Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon DNP-730AE and spotify pause and unpause opposing

Denon DNP-730AE and spotify pause and unpause opposing

Hello,

I have a Denon DNP-730AE Network audio receiver connected to a Denon PMA-720 AE amplifier and that connected to some speakers, and recently it went from not working to working and repeat, and now having this weird issue. Whenever i try to play something on it, i see it as paused on the Network Audio Receiver, but i see it as playing on my phone in the spotify app. Then, if i pause it on my phone, it is unpaused on the Receiver, but it doesnt play sound. I play it on my phone, it pauses on the receiver, and again, and again... I tried performing the setup again, messing with the network settings, trying to update the software (it says i have the newest firmware so thats that), trying on different phones to see if its a phone issue (its not. I tried on a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Honor 9 if that helps) etc. But nothing works, and it seems like no one else has this issue (at least from google search results). Can anyone help please? Also i dont know if this is a spotify or denon issue so propably gonna write to Denon as well.

3 Replies

Hey @toba96,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Please keep in mind that the support of devices for Spotify Connect can change over time. You can always find an up to date list with all currently supported devices and models here. If yours doesn't come up, we recommend that you reach out to the device manufacturer for more help. 

In the meantime you can try another connection method, such as Bluetooth or cable if that's an option.

Hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your reply.

I checked everything you said i should do, and while i cant find it on the list you provided, denon still litsts it as being spotify connect enabled, and i can connect to it fine through my phone. It just has the weird pause-unpause issue.

Hey @toba96

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if you notice any difference after performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a video where we can take a better look at the issue? You can attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts