Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Denon DNP-730AE with Spotify Connect - No volume control over Spotify app on iPhone or MacBook

Denon DNP-730AE with Spotify Connect - No volume control over Spotify app on iPhone or MacBook

Hi

I have just boght a Denon DNP-730AE network audioplayer with Spotify Connect. The network player is connected to a Denon PMA 1500AE amplifer and this to the loudspeakers. I can stream perfectly to the network audioplayer with my Spotify app on my iPhone, but if I try to change volume on the app (or by using the iPhone volume buttons) nothing happens on the DNP-730AE, although on the spotify app itself, the volume bar becomes bigger or smaller. But it looks like the DNP-730AE doesn't react. So I have to walk to the amplifier every time to adapt the volume.

Does anyone have an idea, why it doesn't work?

Many thanks

Riccardo

image1.PNG
3 Replies

Hey there!

Is this still going on?

If so, we'd recommend reinstalling the app following these steps

It's also worth a shot making sure you're using the speaker's latest firmware, and restarting it. 

If this doesn't help, let us know which version of Spotify you're using on your phone. 

Hi Steph

I deinstalled Spotify on both my iPhone 6 and on my Macbook 12' Retina but this didn't help. I'm running version 5.5.0.1023 on the iPhone and 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4 on my MacBook. The Denon DNP-730AE has also the latest Firmware installed. It looks to my rather like an issue with the combination Apple devices/Spotify/Denon DNP-730AE (although this Denon device supports Spotify Connect). So I wonder if if the issue is on Apple/Spotify/Denon side.

Would be great if you could help.

Regards

Riccardo

I have the exact same problem with my Nocs speakers. It used to work fine but since I switched to an iPhone 7 (or is it iOS 10?) I have been having these volume issues

Suggested posts