[Denon] Display artist and song title on display

Plan

Premium

Country

RO

Device

Denon AVR-X1200

My Question or Issue

This issue was previously posted by Ramones here presented as an ideea. Or a nice to have. 

Well, Spotify, almost every free radio stream have those metadata along their streaming url, so we can see who's playing on the radio.. 

So, this is not a feature request, this is a decent UX for your PAYING users.. we PAY to use Spotify Connect, give us a decent experience.

As you can see in the original post, the artist and song title appears for a slighty short amount of time when exiting.. so I consider this a bug.

7 Replies

Well, the problem still persists, at least on my Denon AVR-X-1600H. But if I connect a monitor/TV to the Denon, the song name and artists are shown there. So this is obviously not a Spotify problem (names are available), but a Denon problem (names not shown altough available). I suggest you complain there, maybe they fix it if enough of us do.

I just did, but since other streaming services are working fine on Denon, I'm not sure this is a Denon issue.

So, Denon replied saying that it's not a Denon issue, but the way Spotify set their app.

so each of them both says 'there is a problem, but the other one is not working according to my preferred specifications, so it is not my fault.'

There goes customer service.

But I still think Denon should move. Should one of many hardware manufactuers take into account the specifics of the largest music provider on the market, or the other was round? Obviously the information is available in the Denon system (it is shown on the TV screen), it is just not forwarded to the internal display.

[Denon] Display artist and song title on display.

When will it be available?

If you press Status button (on phisical unit) it displays...

Is there any way to display song/artist on front panel without having to change status on every power cycle?

Suggested posts