Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device Password E-Mail Not Received

Solved!

Device Password E-Mail Not Received

I have tried several times over the past couple of weeks to get a device password sent to my e-mail (https://www.spotify.com/se/account/set-device-password/).  I have yet to receive any e-mail with a device password.  Can anyone assist?

Thanks!

127 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed 

Thanks for posting 🙂

It's really easy to set up a device password within Facebook. Just follow these steps:

1.    Head to www.facebook.com/settings.
2.    Select Security.
3.    Select App Passwords
4.    Click Generate App Password
5.    Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
6.    Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you. You can use this with your Facebook email address to log in to Spotify on any device. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Thanks for the rapid response! I have now generated a password on FB. And I have the correct device username. But still no luck. I cant log in on my squeezebox touch 😕 Any idea why? Thanks in advance

Hey @user-removed

Can you please let me know the error message you receive when you try to log in?

It says, incorrect username or password

I have almoste no hairs left on my head to pull out 😞

@user-removed

Sorry to hear about that. Since Squeezebox doesnt have a Facebook login option, and your login details are not working, the best thing to do here would be for you to create a new account without facebook. Once you've done that, get in touch with Spotify Support and they will be able able to move everything over to your new account. You can reach them out here: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

I've been trying to get a device password link sent to my email but I'm not getting anything and I've checked spam too, I've done this for the past couple of days. I reached out to the support system or whatever and got an automatic email from them that didn't help at all! So I replied to it, hoping someone would see it but no one has gotten back to me. I just want the Device password link! Case #06648476

Hi. The device password email function on Spotify has been broken for some time and there is no hope for it to be fixed some time soon. If you're going to use Spotify login on a third party app the easiest way is to contact Spotify via phone and ask them to move your account to a non facebook-linked one. That way you will recieve a new Spotify only password. Hope this helps.

Then why is the link still there?  Is it true that we can't get an app password and we're just wasting our time?  

Case: 06883121

Suggested posts