Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not connecting to SpotifyConnect devices

Spotify not connecting to SpotifyConnect devices

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone / PC

Operating System: IOS / PC

My Question or Issue:

Spotify no longer recognizes SpotifyConnect devices on my wifi network. It lists them as devices but can not connect to them. If I uninstall Spotify and reinstall (iPhone), the Spotify then recognizes them as being "SpotifyConnect" and I am able to connect to them without issues. This issue repeats itself every time I stop listening to music for a bit of time, and reopen the App.

Is there anyway to clear Spotify Cache on an IOS device without completely deleting / install the app? My other applications that use this particular device (MusicCast) are having no issues.

7 Replies

Hey there @Bob1233!

Tanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your phone and your router to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Usually that can be solved by performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here.

That type of reinstall ensures that all older files that are stored on the device are removed and you shouldn't need to reinstall the app multiple times after that.

Let us know how it goes. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks! Clearing cache seems to have fixed the issue. (IOS / Apple)

I had the same problem; Spotify Connect found my Marantz on my iPhone, but not on my iPad. Clean installing the Spotify app (see how to below) solved my problem too! Thanks.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

We're glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am to connect to the Spotify connect speaker, but when I hit play it just skips to the next song and never plays anything? Bluetooth works and airplay also work so it has to be the device or the Spotify connect itself. I have restarted the device and did a clean restart of the app. I also even factory reset the speaker but still the same issue 😞 

Hey @John099813,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

In this case, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you use? Also, send us the make/model of your speaker, so we can suggest more alternatives to you.

On another note, is this happening on another device when you sync your speaker? It’d be awesome if you could check. 

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

Take care!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When selecting devices on phone app it opens another page just showing use phone as controller

Suggested posts