Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device password error

Device password error

I cannot create a device password. I requested one on Spotify and got an email. I followed the email and all I get is a very non-specific error message: 

Oh no!
Something has gone wrong! But don't be sad.
You can try again a little bit later.

This error message is no help at all. This has also been going on for at least 12 hours for me (which in my opinion is a "little bit later"). I've tried creating a password through Facebook (Settings > Security > App Passwords) but the password generated does not work and does not let me log in using the generated numeric username or my email address. I'm using the Chrome browser. I've also tried to do all these steps through an Incognito Window in Chrome and nothing works. Really looking for a solution here. When I pay for a "premium" service I expect all the components to work properly.  

7 Replies

Same issue for me.

You're not alone! I tried the usual workarounds like another device and browser but sadly nothing worked so far.

I have the same problem, I cannot change my device password. I am getting the same error as you. 

Same here. Nothing I've tried (different browsers, incognito mode, full resets) seems to work. Kids are home on a snow day and we can't drive music to the family room TV for them. 

Having the very same issue!

Any solutions here? This is super annoying and the "Oh no" page from spotify pure mockery.

Same issue for my main user and for all members of my family plan.

In portuguese:

Ah, não!
Algo deu errado!
Mas não fique triste.
Você pode tentar de novo um pouco mais tarde.

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 18.53.23.png

This solution may be of limited use because it depended on the fact that my Spotify account was linked through Facebook. 

1. Head to Facebook Settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you. You can use this with your Facebook ID (not email address) to log in to Spotify on any device. 

Alternatively, if you’re unable to log in on a particular device, you can connect to it from another device using Spotify Connect.

This worked for me!

Suggested posts