Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Disconnect from Facebook but KEEP my old playlists?

Disconnect from Facebook but KEEP my old playlists?

aspain

Plan

Premium

Country USA

I originally signed up via facebook and would like to transfer to my personal email and not rely on my facebook login. I realize I need to cancel my current subscription and create a new one under the email, but what about my playlists and stations? I want to keep all of that, and I would think starting a new account would mean I am starting from scratch. 

Anyone have a solution to this issue? It will not let me change my email or dissassociate with facebook otherwise. Pretty annoying.

1 Reply

Re: Disconnect from Facebook but KEEP my old playlists?

Hey @aspain, help's here. 

If you've created your account through Facebook,  and don't want to use your Facebook login anymore, this means you have to create a new account. There is a workaround where you might be able to transfer your playlists, but your listening history will be reset, and therefore you have to build up your Discover Weekly and recommendations again. 

If you want to continue with that, this is what you should do:

1. Cancel your current subscription.
  2. Create a new account.
  3. Transfer your playlists.
  4. Upgrade the new account to Premium.

We hope that helps, and let us know if there's anything else.

SUGGESTED POSTS