Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discord Status not updating when using Sonos

Discord Status not updating when using Sonos

When I start a new Spotify session via the web or desktop app my Discord status will show the correct song playing. Once the track changes Discord status does not update. If I either open a new spotoify session via the Desktop or Web app the status will update or if I close an existing session of the Desktop/Web app then the status updates as well. So regardless if the desktop/web apps are open or closed when a track changes the status does not, only when opening/closing the apps. Note this only occurs when I am listening via my Sonos system.

11 Replies

Hey there @BigPhilCombo,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you confirm if you're listening to Spotify on a PC and are connected to a Sonos speaker via the Connect menu? If so - can you try connecting to another device (e.g. your mobile) to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording. This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am listening on a PC and connected via the connect menu - you can see everything in the screen recording I've attached. 

The Discord server can be accesss here https://discord.com/invite/Q795HhR

Sorry the attachment didn't work the first time.

Hey again @BigPhilCombo,

Thank you for your reply and for the screen recording. It was really helpful.

Just to confirm - does this only occur with Sonos or if you uses Connect to stream via Spotify on any other devices?

It's also worth getting in touch with Discord as well. This might be something on their end as this might not be something that we can fix on our own since there're multiple services involved here.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I just tested with Spotify connect on my Pixel4a - and it updated corerctly. It appears as if the issue is only with the Sonos.

Hi @BigPhilCombo,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

In this case, we'd recommend making sure that your Sonos speaker is up to date.

If you're still experiencing this issue after updating your device, we'd suggest reaching out to Discord as @Jeremy previously mentioned.

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Is there any way to fix this problem? 

hi,
I'm having the exact same issue, how can i fix it?
Thank you

Hi @zen9!

Looks like other users have reported similar behavior with Discord's Activity in this thread as well. It seems that there's an ongoing issue that's currently being looked into by both parties. We'll keep everyone posted in the aforementioned thread as soon as we have any new info to share, so check it out and Subscribe to stay tuned. In the meantime, make sure you keep Spotify and Discord up to date.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Even after that update it still doesn't work

Months ago I made a post on why this is happening and it still hasnt been fixed (it is an issue with the spotify websocket, not a discord issue)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Spotify-websocket-events-not-working-on...

Same issue with the Sonos 5, will you ever fix that?! 😕

Suggested posts