Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly - Unwanted songs from Finland

Discover Weekly - Unwanted songs from Finland

Hi,

My Discover Weekly playlist is obsessed with songs from Finland.

I don't understand anything in the lyrics, I'm not from or have ever been in Finland, and I have no Finnish songs in my other playlists.

Up until this week, there was only one song per week, but this week there is two! How do I get rid of this annoyong obsession from Spotify?

14 Replies

Same thing with my list! I have six finish rap songs..

This just keeps escalating...

Now there are 3 or more songs from Finland each week in "Discover Weekly", and even the "Release Radar" playlist has been "infected".

Would be nice if someone from Spotify would have a look at this.

This week has reached new levels of Finnish music in my discover weekly playlist;

5 songs out of 30.

I think that Spotify needs to diversify it's music taste, it can't all be about Finland!

This is driving me crazy, and I can't believe this is a thing that happens to other people as well - thought it was just my recommendations that were messed up. 

Thank God that more people are having the same problem - I thought I were going insane. My last Discover Weekly had 13 (!) Finnish songs. And, no I don't listen to music from Finland and I don't have any Finnish song on any of my playlists. Discover Weekly is now totally useless for me...

heh. so i'm not alone in being told by spotify that i have a taste for finnish prog metal, then...

i'm not overly bothered; turns out i quite like mara **bleep**, f'rinstance, but i do wonder where the indonesian d-beat bands are...

edit - **bleep** there was *sposed* to be "b a l l s"

Wow. Not only me... 8 songs from Finland this week.. Need to learn the language soon..

I have this problem too and its VERY annoying. At first it was just a few, but this week there is 9 songs from Finland! I have found no way to tell spotify that im not interested in these songs 😞

any solution, ?? any response, **bleep**ing imposible to contact spotify about this.  i want to choose what languge my songs are in ! i dont want any **bleep**ing finnish cristhmas songs listed in my first wiev when i open up spotify

No, no response from Spotify and the number of Finish songs I my Discover
Weekly remain steady at 5 - 8 a week... Rather usel, actually.

Same here, getting multiple finish metal/rock something songs in discover weekly. Some months ago I started selecting "I don't like this artist" in hopes it would understand the common thread is: "I don't want finish songs". I guess eventually I have disliked all finish bands, how many could it be? 🙂

I hadn't find the "I don't like this artist" -feature before... thank you for that.

Going to eradicate this Finnish Forced Addication from Spotify immediately.

Five Finish songs this week and I've been using dislike on all Finnish music since they introduced the option. I get the feeling that they don't take language  into consideration, rather i no longer get the same type of rock music i used to. I (they) have destroyed discover weekly.. . 

Suggested posts