Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly has Disappeared

Discover Weekly has Disappeared

I'm 40 emails deep in an email thread with Spotify customer support trying to solve this, as well as reading the support forum.

Issue:  In mid-July my account was hacked into through Facebook and I had to get a new account. Ever since my 'stuff' was transferred to a new account I no longer have a Discover Weekly Playlist. 

Things that have been tried:

1. My Spotify Playlist is not accessible through the Browse > Discover tab
  2. I have deleted and re-installed Spotify on my Mac and on my iPhone. Including deleting system files
  3. I've waited three weeks for Discover Playlist to 'turn on'
  4. I've done what other posters in this forum have suggested here and here. AKA going to Queue >> History but there is no Discover Playlist there. 

Any suggestions are welcome! I miss my Discover Weekly so much. 

6 Replies

Hey @shmatatina10,

Could you please tell me your Spotify username? If you use the Desktop app, check your profile and copy the URI.

You can do this by going to your profile and right clicking on your name and 'Copy your Spotify URI'

You will get something like this:

spotify:user:xXxXxXx
I could pass it up to see if your issue gets resolved. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi orsonios, thanks so much for offering to help, I really appreciate it! My Spotify URI is spotify:user:matalouisa

One thing I should mention (since I've had extended conversations with Spotify support) is that there are two discover playlists showing up in my account when support people poke around. The first is in German and the 2nd is my mother's playlist (her username is Maple2207) neither of these are remotely the music I listen to.

@shmatatina10

I've passed your info. They should look into it and hopefully we'll get news soon enough. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it 🙂

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it 🙂

I am beyond infuriated with Spotify! I have been listening every day for nearly a year, have loved Discover Weekly - last week I bought a subscription to Premium and ever since I have lost the single best feature of Spotify - Discover Weekly. Gone from all devices. Deleted and reinstalled all apps from phone, mac, ipad etc no luck.

This is ridiculous. I'm going to cancel my subscription if this isn't rectified, so many people have the same issue!!

Sort it out Spotify or people will move....! 

Suggested posts