Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Discover Weekly - how to recover last week's playlist?

Solved!

Re: Discover Weekly - how to recover last week's playlist?

hans-jürgen
Roadie

elixier schrieb:

Hi benjaminmktn121,

This way of saving the list with IFTTT, can you tell me more about it? Do you have to install something on your computer? Is it safe? (I managed to destroy my last computer by installing weird stuff on my Apple computer, and I don't want to do it again)

Using an IFTTT recipe for saving Discover Weekly or Release Radar to an archive playlist is safe, because IFTTT only uses Spotify API calls for that. You have to create a free account on IFTTT.com and add them to your recipes. See also the number of people using them:

https://ifttt.com/recipes/311873-automatically-create-an-archive-of-your-spotify-discover-weekly-pla...

https://ifttt.com/recipes/450430-release-radar-archive

elixier
Community Legend
Hi Benjamin,

I followed your instructions and made IFTTT list, but when I look in my playlists, the new list is not there. Is it because there is nothing to archive yet? Shouldn’t at least the folder be there?

hans-jürgen
Roadie

I'm not Benjamin, but yes, you even should create a new and empty Discover Weekly Archive playlist manually and also copy this week's tracks over manually, because the recipe will only create a new one automatically when it runs on Monday, and then the tracks of this week will be lost. But you only have to do this once, not every Monday.

elixier
Community Legend
Ah ok! Thank you Hans-Jürgen!

timdiacon
Casual Listener

I made a handy little service to safetly back up your Discover Weeky playlist and recover whenever you want hope you find it useful :-)

http://dwrewind.normally.com/

mjmj22

Genius! Thank you!

Threyu
I love you so much right now
Solution!

rileyt
Casual Listener

I made a simple tool that will automatically make a copy of your discover weekly playlist and save it to your Spotify, every Friday, in only one click (no need to setup an IFTTT account).

Rediscover - Spotify Discover Weekly Playlist Archiver

Once you connect it to Spotify, you don't have to do anything else and the copied version will just show up automatically each week! Please let me know if there are any issues or missing features on twitter: @rileytomasek

rileyt
Casual Listener

James7777

Hi~

I need "Discover weekly playlist" 10/23~10/29 (2016)
Who can help me?

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS