Discover Weekly partly resets a few times a week

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Device

Multiple

My Question or Issue

I am an avid user of Discover Weekly playlist. Every Monday morning (CEST) I download a new playlist to my phone and listen to it while being offline. For the last couple of months (two or three, cannot say for sure) I have noticed that some songs would fall out of the downloaded cache. Later I noticed that it was actually brand new songs, so I began to pay closer attention...

What I have noticed is that the playlist would partly reset (update) on Tuesday. Songs would reshuffle, some dissappear, some new ones appear. Once I kept my other device offline right after getting a new playlist and a few days later I could compare and see differences among two playlist of the same week.

This week the playlist has already updated three times: new issue on Monday, little random changes on Tuesday, and more random updates today (Wednesday). This is annoying, because I lose songs that I liked a day before, but did not get around to save yet.

I am enclosing a screenshot that I took on Tuesday while being offline and after I had a completely downloaded/synced playlist on Monday. You can see that some songs are new as they are not downloaded yet. I know this screenshot does not really prove the problem, but it should give a better idea. Happy to provide additional details as well.

Looking forward to getting help from you. Thank you.

IMG_6809.PNG
1 Reply

Hey @power_max_9000,

Thanks for reaching out. We wouldn't want you to miss out on discovering new music, so let's get on this!

Could you try unfollowing your Discover Weekly and then follow it again? After that, wait a week and see if it helps 🙂

Let us know how you get on, have a great day! 

Suggested posts