Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly playlist in different language

Discover Weekly playlist in different language

Hello All,

This is a minor issue  which I hoped would fix itself, but after months still hasn't.

The Discover Weekly playlist by Spotify is in Spanish. The title (descubrimiento semanal) and description is in Spanish. All other playlist titles, descriptions, songs, and options are in the default English however.

This appears as Spanish on all Devices. Does anyone know a way to fix this? I have tried unfollowing/refollowing the playlist, but no joy.

Here is the spotify link: 

spotify:user:spotifydiscover:playlist:4LUojZW7C2xAtzVx6VxSs9

Many thanks,

Alex

Language Settings.PNGPlaylist.PNG

3 Replies

@alexdsfan1 hey alex, that's a weird one, 

have you tried a fresh re-install on both devices? you can do that by following the steps here.

let me know if that helps!

Hi,

I have finally had time to reinstall on both devices. No luck, still showing up as Spanish.

Another piece of information, when I unfollow the playlist and search for it in the search box, only user created playlists appear when i type "Discover Weekly", but the spotify version appears as top result as soon as i type in "Desub".

It really is weird, not had an issue on any other software similar to this.

Thanks for the help.

@alexdsfan1 truly a strange one.

it could be a language corruption with your local data, so there are two steps to resolve that:

• you can delete the local cache through the program run (as administrator): type %appdata%, and delete the contents of local/spotify folders data, storage, browser, users
  • next, you can sign out of all devices here.
  • i would suggest a fresh re-install of flash which you can do here.

let me know if that helps!

Suggested posts