Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover does not update

Discover does not update

I used Spotify for more than a year and some time ago I ended the premium for several months and now I came back with premium. The discover section had fewer and fewer suggestions. Fine. But I subscribed for the premium since already 2 or 3 weeks, after I listened some music, the discover section is still not updating, except some new albums in the "New releases for you" section, all other suggestions stayed always the same.

I really would like to see the suggestions updating everyday or every 2 to 3 days. 

Any help?

4 Replies

Hey @edwardcarlfox, help's here. 

As this help article explains, Discover Weekly automatically refreshes every Monday. If it's not happening, we suggest that you keep listening to your favorite music and should eventually update. You can also try the following just in case:

• Go to your Discover Weekly and hit the 'Following' button to un-follow it.
  • Log out and log back in.
  • Search for 'Discover Weekly' and hit the 'Follow' button to follow it again.

You may want to give it some time since it sounded like you've recently started using Spotify again. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Hello Jemi,

thanks for your reply and sorry for replying you late!

After your last reply I did try to continueously listen to music I like. However it was already a week or so passed and I still did not get any update in the discover section except the new releases for me. 

And I am not sure if I understand your second solution (unfollow the discover weekly, log out and log in back and follow it again). I am in Germany and I am using the German version of Spotify, the function is called "Entdecken", even if I change to the English version, it is called "Discover", not "Discover weekly". And as I understand, this function is activated by default, not that I can follow or unfollow.

Could you perhaps give me some more insight about it?

Tnanks!

Hey @edwardcarlfox.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the confusion - we see what you mean now 🙂

This is an issue which we are aware of, and which we are currently looking into.

We suggest you head on over to the relevant thread here, where you can add your vote to show that you are experiencing the issue.

Make sure to also leave the requested info in the comments section in the thread.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Do let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Hey @edwardcarlfox.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the confusion - we see what you mean now 🙂

This is an issue which we are aware of, and which we are currently looking into.

We suggest you head on over to the relevant thread here, where you can add your vote to show that you are experiencing the issue.

Make sure to also leave the requested info in the comments section in the thread.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks! Do let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Suggested posts