Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify on Roku stream at 320kbps on Roku with premium account?

Does Spotify on Roku stream at 320kbps on Roku with premium account?

Unlike using Spotify on my pc, the roku app version does not offer quality setting. Does Spotify on Roku stream at 320kbps on Roku with premium account?

4 Replies

I believe Spotify streams at 320kbps on Roku - so yes 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter 

“I believe so yes” .Sorry  it's not an answer it's a assumption. You are not spotify technician and you can't answer such question . Please don't mislead  Spotify users. 

Others rise same questions and test have been done on onkyo streamer ( see other topic) there is suspicion about third party streamers using 160kbs not 320kbs.

@Kforian

You should address you question on some Roku forum here you don't get any reliable answer.

@Jamono wrote:

@Peter 

“I believe so yes” .Sorry  it's not an answer it's a assumption. You are not spotify technician and you can't answer such question . Please don't mislead  Spotify users. 

Others rise same questions and test have been done on onkyo streamer ( see other topic) there is suspicion about third party streamers using 160kbs not 320kbs.

@Kforian

You should address you question on some Roku forum here you don't get any reliable answer.

I do believe it is quoted at 320kbps on the Roku Blog when the service first launched:

http://blog.roku.com/blog/2012/12/20/spotify-now-playing-on-roku/

Don't need to be a Spotify Technician to read - although @Jamono is correct, ask Roku if you want an "official" response. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Empirical measurement suggests that my Roku4 consumes roughly 320kbps of data while Spotify is streaming audio.  Hopefully it is all high quality OGG audio stream, although I have no way to test this directly.

An official answer would be great... we are looking at you Spotify!

Suggested posts