Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does anyone have the archived list of Throwback Thursday playlists?

Does anyone have the archived list of Throwback Thursday playlists?

I thought I had saved a previous throwback thursday playlist to my own playlists, but I didn't. Does anyone know if there's a place where I can access the old track listings?

Thanks!

91 Replies

No one has the disco one from January? 

Sorry everyone, I don't have an from this year, I've been rather busy.

Thank you so much. Do you have the one from 1st Feb? I believe it had YMCA on, that's all I remember off the top of my head! 

Spotify updates some of its playlists such as Throwback Thursday, Discover Weekly, and Your Release Radar weekly.  If you like but don't save them, you'll lose the playlist's contents because they are overwritten each week with new music.  However, there is a way to save the playlists automatically.   Here are the steps:

1. Sign up for the free service IFTTT.  The abbreviation stands for if this, then that -- coding parlance.  You can create applets that run when indicated (at times, when an action happens, etc.) for various services such as Fitbit, Spotify, etc.  For the applet to work, you have to give it permission from within the target app to run. Consult your app's help for the procedure to allow IFTTT to access your account.
  2. To back up Spotify's Throwback Thursday playlist every week automatically, you'll go to the create new applet option in the dropdown by your user name in IFTTT. Then you'll select the following: If new track added to Throwback Thursday (by Spotify) playlist, then add track to a playlist. You use dropdowns to select the playlist to back up and type the name of the playlist to which you're backing it up.
  3. The above step 2 will archive all previous playlists (e.g., all the previous weekly Release Radar playlists) to a single playlist.  The songs will be appended to the end of the playlist, so it will grow larger each week. If you prefer to separate each weekly playlist, add the "AddedAt" ingredient to the name of the backup playlist you indicated in step 2.  To add an ingredient, click the Add Ingredient button just under the textbox where you typed the name of the backup playlist.

Thanks a ton.

Thanks for the advice MacWehr. I have had an applet set up for the Discover Weekly playlist for ages but until now couldn't figure out how to set one up for the Throwback playlist. Cheers 🙂

Hi Andy,

Do you happen to have the playlist from throwback Thursday, where it would play an old song then the song after, would be the newer version of the song?

Thanks,

Emily

Still on the lookout for the TBT from 1st Feb if anyone has it?

For anyone interested I have managed to find the Yacht Rock playlist from November. I found it by searching the date and going through the available playlists till I hit pay dirt. Might be a worthwhile method for those stuck on finding a particular playlist.

Hi Andy, 

Do you have last week's playlist? (3/8/18-3/14/18)

Does anyone have the playlist from the 3rd of March? Thanks! 

I also am looking for a list of the TBT songs from Feburary I believe. It was like 90s trip hop. Portishead, Massive Attack, Bjork, Tricky, etc...I have no clue why I didnt save it.

Hi Andy,

Do you have the Throwback Thursday playlist from last week March 15,2018 to March 21, 2018.

Thank you,

Terrie M.

Hi all!

This is a fantastic thread, thank you all for being so ace!

I'm on the hunt for the entire collection / tracklisting of the three part series "celebrating the decade of the 90's". It has been running for the last two weeks (19th and 26th April) as well as today, Thurs 3rd May. I also would assume this playlist is regionalised as I'm Australian and there seems to be quite a few Australian hits in here? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

weee.JPG

Hey Andy, 
I was wondering if you happen to have the #throwbackthursday playlist for 6/7-6/13? It begins with "Don't Stop Believin.' " 

Thank you.

Quay 

Hey Andy,

I was wondering if you happen to the the #throwbackthursday playlist for the week of 6/7/18-6/13/18?

Thank you!

Quay

Does anyone happen to have #TT for the week of 6/7/18-6/13/18? 

Thank you.

Quay

Suggested posts