Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don't jump to another song when shuffle mode is activated

Solved!

Don't jump to another song when shuffle mode is activated

When listening a playlist and I activate the shuffle mode, I don't want spotify jumping randomly to another song. If I would like to move to another song there is button for that  (>>)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@flashpan wrote:

I mean i can NOT even see the ...

Pressing the shuffle button at the top of the playlist will start shuffle mode so that is correct behaviour. 

From the now playing screen, if you just want to toggle shuffle on and off, press the "i" button in the top left corner and then unselect/select shuffle from there 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

In the now playing view you need to press "i" button to see the shuffle button or have you tried that and it's still not visible?

EDIT: seems like Peter was faster than me 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Uh, The shuffle button doesn't automatically switch to another song? It just turns it on for the next song (And picks a random choice from the playlist)

Hey!

I've moved it over here in the help section since as Farkie mentioned, when clicking the shuffle button, it actually shouldn't trigger skipping the track. On which platform are you on? Maybe we can figure out what's going on here. 🙂

Uhmmm is rare. I'm using Spotify 0.8.0.57 on iPhone5 with IOS 7 and the behavior is very different for me.

I click the sufle symbol and it jumps to another song. Furthermore, i was expecting that the "shuffle symbol" is highlighted signaling that has been selecte, but it doesn't. If I click again to undo the shuffle and continue in literal order, it happens that the list is shuffle again and I jump to another song, and again and again

Are you pressing the Shuffle button at the top of a playlist or the shuffle button on the now playing "i" screen? 

Peter

Peter

I click at the top of the playlist

playlist.jpg 

In the "now palying" view, i can even see the sufle button:

nowplaying.jpg

Am i using a different application? where is my mistake?

Marked as solution

@flashpan wrote:

Pressing the shuffle button at the top of the playlist will start shuffle mode so that is correct behaviour. 

From the now playing screen, if you just want to toggle shuffle on and off, press the "i" button in the top left corner and then unselect/select shuffle from there 😉 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

In the now playing view you need to press "i" button to see the shuffle button or have you tried that and it's still not visible?

EDIT: seems like Peter was faster than me 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

Suggested posts