Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dowload Spotif App for Windows 8 phone whilst on holiday

Solved!

Dowload Spotif App for Windows 8 phone whilst on holiday

Please help.

I'm a UK Spotify premium user but I'm on holiday in South Africa for 3 months.

I had a problem with my HTC windows 8 phone and had to do a factory reset.

But now I can't reinstall Spotify as it says it is not available in the Windows SA store.

What can I do?

Please help as I miss my Spotify!

Thanks, Howard

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Let me see what I can do 🙂 Hold on...

---

Are you able to change the country to the other country? - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-za/markets 

It also check your Microsoft account settings and see if your region is set to South Africa and set it back to your other country.

You might have to use a proxy to pose as if you are in the other country to get the download...or I'm just making this more complicated than it really is. I'll contact customer support on your behalf for more help.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

With your web browser on your phone go to http://m.spotify.com and see if that works! Keep me updated!

-Edit-

If that doesn't work go to : http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/spotify/10f2995d-1f82-4203-b7fa-46ddbd07a6e6/xap?apptype...

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

But my device Windows 8 HTC 8x is not a listed device for the first method.

And if I try the 2nd link it just says that there is a problem with this company app please contact support.

Thanks, Howard

Hopefully you have access to a computer - if you have installed the app before, we can go to your purchase history and push the app to your phone.

1. Open a web browser and go to www.windowsphone.com.
  2. Navigate to the My Phone dropdown menu, located in the upper-right corner of the screen, then sign in with the same Windows Live ID you've used on your phone.
  3. In the My Phone menu, click Purchase history.
  4. Under Purchase History, find the app you want to reinstall and click Reinstall.
  5. Follow the instructions to reinstall the app. You might have to re-enter your Windows Live ID.

Again thanks for your reply, but this also won't work because it automatically goes to the South African windows store which doesn't contain the Spotify app.

Surely there must be a way to reinstall the app. I can't go the next three months without music!

Thanks, Howard

Marked as solution

Let me see what I can do 🙂 Hold on...

---

Are you able to change the country to the other country? - http://www.windowsphone.com/en-za/markets 

It also check your Microsoft account settings and see if your region is set to South Africa and set it back to your other country.

You might have to use a proxy to pose as if you are in the other country to get the download...or I'm just making this more complicated than it really is. I'll contact customer support on your behalf for more help.

I really appreciate your help.

I do use a proxy to pose as if I'm in UK but Windowsphone.com seems to override it somehow.

I'll try setting all my settings to be UK again.

Thanks, Howard

Any updates? I'm trying my hardest to help! 😞 Sorry I don't have any experience with Windows phones. 😞  

Phew...finally.

The solution is to use that link I posted above i.e. my own UK Windows store but using the en-za link, instead of en-uk.

Then had to put a UK SIM card in my phone and set the regional settings back to UK.

Good grief! They really don't want Southe Africans to have Spotify...

Thank you so much for time and patience.

Thanks, Howard

Suggested posts