Announcements

Duplicate Warning not working.

Solved!
Highlighted

Duplicate Warning not working.

Roadie

Hi,

I recently posted an idea to add the duplicate warning from mobile to desktop, but I have realized that it is supposed to be a feature already. So, thats why I am here. Any particular reason my "duplicating being added to playlist" warning is not working?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Duplicate Warning not working.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you're still experiencing this issue with the desktop app, we suggest trying a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

In case you encounter it on the web player, try in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

After performing these steps you should be able to see the duplicate warning notification. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted

Regular
Some months ago they had a notification appearing when you add a track into a playlist that exists already. I am using the web player on google chrome and it has worked before already. Now the notification is not appearing and the duplicate song gets added. Why did they remove it again?
Highlighted

Roadie

That is what i am wondering! It is such a useful feature!

Highlighted

Roadie

Support my idea about the duplicate warning here:
My Idea
Let's bring this back!

Highlighted

Regular

Hmmm.... I noticed that this is only an issue with the web player because I can get the warning to show up on the desktop application (see attatchment for proof). Short term fix is to download the desktop application and add to playlists from there.

capify.PNG
Highlighted

Regular

I'm in contact with a staff from the support team about the not working notification in the web player.

Highlighted

Roadie

Thanks guys, I hope this gets resolved!

Highlighted

Music Fan

What was the resolution? In 2020 this also sporadically happens with the iOS app. 

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you're still experiencing this issue with the desktop app, we suggest trying a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

In case you encounter it on the web player, try in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

After performing these steps you should be able to see the duplicate warning notification. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Music Fan

Not really. I’ve reinstalled the app every other month. The issue is I bet spotify app is caching its list somehow in memory and if the number of songs is large; like above 5000 or so (and not even close to the idiotic 10,000 limit per playlist), then this issue keeps occurring. I have a high-RAM phone but this still happens in April 2020. It’s bad coding basically: sorry. 

SUGGESTED POSTS