Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Echo Doesn't Load Correct Facebook Account Despite Login

Solved!

Echo Doesn't Load Correct Facebook Account Despite Login

I have had an echo for about six months.  Last week, the Echo stopped being a connected device for Spotify.  This morning, I realized why.

I've logged in via Facebook.  It says that I'm logged in as myself - see photo with my picture.  But then, if you look at the Spotify account under music services, it shows a bunch of gobbledy **bleep**.  I've tried linking and unlinking.  Rebooting the Echo.  Rebotting the phone.  Nothing.  The Spotify app on my iPhone works great and links to my Mac Powerbook fine - and vice versa.

In the Spotify app on my Mac, you can see it says "Can't Play This Right Now."  Anyone have any ideas?IMG_9097.jpgIMG_9098.jpgIMG_9096.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.39.51 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To answer your question - no.  I could see the Echo from the mobile Spotify app as a device, but I could not transfer to it.

Yesterday, I got into a lengthy chat with the support folks here.  They told me the same thing you did about the digits and the FB account.

She asked me to confirm everything was on the same network.  Of course I had checked that.  Then she asked me to turn off all my devices that accessed Spotify. That would be iPhone, iMac, PowerBook, iPad, and Echo.  I declined, because I had already unplugged the Echo multiple times.  

Then she goes away, only to come and say "Oh.  I did some research.  Yeah.  We have a problem with Spotify Connect and we don't know when it will be fixed."

Long story short, about 15 minutes after the chat ended, it all started working again.  Today it is working fine.

So weird.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @stlspidey

Are you still having trouble?

22f45rj4na5llnvt6okbkrveq is your username since you created your account with Facebook. This has nothing to do with the Connect issue. When creating an account with FB it is a combination of numbers and letters. 

Can you try to see if Spotify Connect works in the mobile app to control the echo? Or does that not work either?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

To answer your question - no.  I could see the Echo from the mobile Spotify app as a device, but I could not transfer to it.

Yesterday, I got into a lengthy chat with the support folks here.  They told me the same thing you did about the digits and the FB account.

She asked me to confirm everything was on the same network.  Of course I had checked that.  Then she asked me to turn off all my devices that accessed Spotify. That would be iPhone, iMac, PowerBook, iPad, and Echo.  I declined, because I had already unplugged the Echo multiple times.  

Then she goes away, only to come and say "Oh.  I did some research.  Yeah.  We have a problem with Spotify Connect and we don't know when it will be fixed."

Long story short, about 15 minutes after the chat ended, it all started working again.  Today it is working fine.

So weird.

Thanks for following up. There indeed was an issue with connect over the last few days, but it should be fixed now.

Hopefully you won't have any more problems with connect. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts