Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Echo Dot

Echo Dot

Plan

Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

Iphone Xs 

Operating System

Latest IOS

My Question or Issue

I just received an Amazon Echo Dot for Christmas. I have connected it and linked my Spotify account (which is premium) and whenever I try to use it Alexa says “you must have a premium account” or “your Spotify account does not support this feature”. I have tried numerous things that I read about online like unlinking and relinking my account on a desktop, I deregistered and reregistered my Dot, making sure I’m registered in the US, and saying “Alexa, connect to Spotify” and then choosing the Dot through the available devices menu. None of these allow me to use voice controls to play my music. I would really appreciate any other options to try, this would be my main use of the Echo Dot if I could get it to work. Thank you in advance for any replies.

1 Reply

Hey @Dank3509, help's here.

You're right that in order to use voice commands to control your music with Amazon Alexa, your Spotify accounts needs to be on Premium. It's possible that you have another account which is on Free that you've logged into.

We suggest that you log out from your app, and relink your account with Alexa, but this time make sure you're entering the correct details for your Premium account (double-check that you can use other Premium features when logging in such as downloading your music or ad-free listening): 

• ‘Settings’ in the Alexa app gives the option to unlink a Spotify account.
  • Verify that you want to unlink your account.
  • Relink your accounts with these steps.

If you're having trouble, you can see if you have other accounts with these steps.

Hope that helps! 

Suggested posts