NEXT STEP

Echo Dots on Multiple LANS

Echo Dots on Multiple LANS

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016, Echo Dot)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have 4 Echo Dots on 3 separate wifi networks (2+1+1) connected to a single Alexa account. The devices are not grouped in any way.

In the Spotify app I only see 2 of those devices on one of the networks listed as potential players. The devices on the other two networks do not show as available.

Spotify is correctly linked to Alexa, all 4 devices are online in the Alexa app.

I can play Spotify 1) through the two Echo Dots that show up as available devices, 2) on the Spotify app on a phone or tablet, or the Alexa app on a phone or tablet.

If I request Spotify on the other two Echo Dot devices say they are connecting but then only silence - no errors/warnings.

I'd like to be able to get Spotify to work on the two Echo Dots that presently won't play.

Any ideas??

2 Replies

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Can you try linking your 4 Echo Dot to the Same network/internet? Also, make sure that your computer is also connected to the same network/internet as your Echo Dots.

Let me know if the problem is solved. Hope this helps.

The 3 LANs I mentioned are in 3 separate premises and therefore there is no option put them all on one LAN.

No doubt everything would be fine were they all in one place. There doesn’t seem to be any fundamental reason why they have to be co-located since both Spotify and Alexa connect to remote servers.

The issue that this causes is that Spotify on Alexa only works on one of the LANs, the other just get silence.

Suggested posts