Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Echo Everywhere fails Everyday

Echo Everywhere fails Everyday

I was excited that Spotify said it now performs multiroom playback on Amazon Echo devices, but when I purchased a second Echo and actually tried it, I got very bad results. 

The Amazon "Everywhere" group does work without problem with TuneIn and other applications.  And at first, Spotify recognizes the Everywhere group, lists it as a device in Spotify Connect, and plays on both speakers.  But then it just quits, in the middle of a song, or after a pause of some time.  100% of the time, Spotify Connect fails to connect to the Everywhere group in the morning after not playing overnight.  You see each Echo on the device list but not the Everywhere group, and Spotify won't play on both speakers even when Alexa is sending to the Everywhere group. 

To get it back, what you have to do is go around the house and reboot all the Echo devices at once -- unplugging them and then replugging them.  Then it works for a while but quits again by the next day. 

So it's not my network or devices, and it's not Amazon or the Echo.  Spotify is not working the way Spotify says it should.  I hope someone at Spotify recognizes responsibility for this and fixes the addressing systems conflict or whatever it is.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

3 Replies

Having a similar proble. Glad to see it commented on.

I also have two problems regarding the everywhere group and multiroom groups in general:

1) several multiroom-groups set up in the alexa app (meaning the cloud to be more precise) do not show in the spotify in "connect" and can't be used for playback - neither spotify app nor spotify desktop

2) the multiroom-group "everywhere" containing all echo dot devices exists, playback is visualised by "playing" (play button changes to pause button, status bar and time moves), but none of the devices play music actually. No changes if started by voice command or by app by chosing the everywhere group in the connect section.

Any help with that?

Standard procedures like disconnecting spotify via voice command "alexa, disconnect spotify" on every echo device, editing the group(s), deleting and new set up of the group(s) or even a new one under a new name with all devices, unlinking and relinking the spotify account to alexa, and all imaginable constellations and orders of doing so did not help.

Each device is able to playback spotify on its own, either solo or in other groups, no matter if started by voice command or in app or on desktop.
All devices and spotify app are in the same wifi and SID.

Even deleting the app on the phone and reinstalling it didn't make a difference.

I have the exact same problem. Some commentators suggest it occurs if you have signed in to the Alexa App with an Amazon Prime Account raher than a non-Prime Account, but I don't have Prime Account and still have the problem.

Suggested posts