Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Edit offline devices

Solved!

Edit offline devices

I frequently reset my android phone which also frequently causes my iPod to lose it's status as an offline device. I would like to be able to manage this list without resyncing my iPod all the time. This process takes hours because of how iOS pauses it, but that is a different issue. 

I have found this help topic, but I can't figure out where this devices list is. Was this yet another feature removed recently?

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/how-do-i-remove-my-offline-devices

I have also found this topic which seems to suggest that this funtionality does not exist.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/Edit-Devices-List/m-p/322018

What is currently the best way to prevent my iPod touch from getting disconnected? Usually I find out it has been unsynced at extremely inopportune times, like when I'm going to the gym, and I don't have hours to resync it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Fiddledeedee ,

The feature to manage offline devices is available. You can go to Spotify hompage, log in, go to you account setting and you will find the feature at Offline Devices tab.

Hope this help 🙂

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Fiddledeedee ,

The feature to manage offline devices is available. You can go to Spotify hompage, log in, go to you account setting and you will find the feature at Offline Devices tab.

Hope this help 🙂

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Found it, thanks

hi,  i too have found offline devices in the main "web" client but i cannot tell which device is "which device" ...

for instance, i have Spotify installed on 4 - 5 Android devices and TWO we use offline often, a 3rd accidentally had a single song downloaded offline and i'd like to remove that device from the device listing "offline devices" so that we don' t ever end up adding a 4th offline device which as you know will wipe out another device.

while it is great we can now see devices setup for Offline use and remove them the problem is that ALL android and i think it is the same for iOS devices - they all just show up as "Android device" - it's very generic, there's nothing to ID which device you are to remove from offline devices -  this means we could end up removing one of the 2 phones we want to remain for offline use by accident.

Anyone know a method to validate which device is to be selected for offline use?  the only item that shows up for each is apparently the last date that the device performed an online sync.  

thanks

That doesn't help, at all. What do you do, after that? There is no button to add devices.

Follow me

Suggested posts