Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Edit order of playlist in Chrome OS webplayer

Edit order of playlist in Chrome OS webplayer

I am using the spotify webplayer from the Chrome store on my Samsung Chromebook.

Everything seems to be working fine but one problem is I cannot edit the order of playlists.  The drag/drop method does not work.  Is this feature just not implemented (if not it definitely should be). As of right now I have no way to edit my playlists as this is currently my only device to play spotify.  Any help/info would be appreciated.

Thanks

17 Replies

Hi. I don't think this functionality has been added to the web player yet and I can't think of a work-around right now 😞

Steal the use of a desktop/laptop with Spotify on it for an hour?

The web player does not currently support drag/drop or right clicking, maybe in the future but its still only in beta!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am also using a chromebook.   This playlist editing is still not available?   Chromebook use is growing.

Unfortunately not, the web player still doesn't have that functionality.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Its a Chrojme issue - was driving me nuts until it suddenly occured to me to log back in on IE. That worked!  Now I can drag tracks around to my heart's content.  Come on Spotify, bit of browser testing wouldn't go amiss!

Yep............ web player not working properly in Chrome - propably a pop-up issue

Thats said, Chrome been causing me a lot more problems than this, of late

Same problem here with my Chromebook. The webbrowser even doesn't show the folders I made, just a long list of playlists. Why is that? 

What IE are you using?  I just tried it in IE and, while it shows the shadowed name moving, it still doesn't drop it where I want it to go and keeps that "NO" sign (like, the No Smoking circle w/a cross through) on the shadowed name.  ????  My playlist is so long, I don't want to do it on mobile!

Same problem here. Can't believe this has been going on for years! Ridiculous!

Hi, Peter!

I have the same problem but in the Desktop Browser.

I can't reorder my playlists by name. I don't have the option in any place.

Could you help me?

spotify playlist.PNG

I'm sorry to say this, but it's outrageous that this option is still not possible.

I use Spotify via Andriod on my phone & tablet and the desktop browser through Windows and Chrome OS. Why was this simple feature not incorporated on these platforms from the very start, let alone after years of (admittedly very frequent and welcome) developments?

iOS has this facility, why not Android...

I mean, I'm no web coder, but even if drag and drop wasn't a possibility just a MoveUp/MoveDown button would do.. right?

STILL NOT AVAILABLE ON CHROME???? IT'S 2017!?

OUT-RAGE-OUS.

Still the same problem in Chrome.

It seems that Spotify AB has a strategy to resettle people to use spotify app instead of web player. Who knows if the company is so corrupted that it wants to influence on computer OS markets... 

Still unable to drag and drop songs in chromebook webplayer and there is no "desktop app" for chromebook available... will this ever be fixed? 

Come on Spotify!! This has got to happen soon, surely?!  I desperately need to change my order and have no access to spotify other than my phone and chromebook.  I need this feature and we're paying good money, so please can this be done???!

Suggested posts