Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Embed Code Error

Solved!

Embed Code Error

Hello I want to embed an artist when posting on the forum, but everytime i do that I get an error. 

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

For example, in the html section I write this: 

<iframe width="300" height="56" src="https://embed.spotify.com/follow/1/?uri=spotify%3Aartist%3A1vCWHaC5f2uS3yhpwWbIA6&amp;size=detail&am..." scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

But it gives me this error, hwo do I solve it? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@destroye @iGuitar @user-removed,

I did another quick test using another song:

spotify:track:3IRU7QgydvLdrRxZGZa4pL

This requires no HTML <iframe>, which I believe is the reason it isn't working for you.

All you have to do is follow these simple steps:

1) In the Spotify desktop app, select "Copy Spotify URI" on the song/album/artist of your choice

2) Create a post on these forums

3) Click "Insert/edit link" button

Insert link.png

4) Paste the URI

5) Click "Post"

This displays your song as a link in the edit box, but once it is posted it should generate a frame. Please let me know if you need any further help or if this doesn't work for you 🙂

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Accidental post

did you solve it? i got the same issue

I have the same problem...

@destroye @iGuitar @user-removed,

I did a quick test using the same HTML code included by the author:

As you can see, it worked for me. I believe the issue has to do with site permissions, maybe for some reason I have a higher permissions level that allows me to use HTML code that is restricted for you guys. I will ask some more knowledgeable users about this and let you know as soon as I find a hard answer for you!

When entering the HTML embed code I get the following error message:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Ok, thank you a lot!

Marked as solution

@destroye @iGuitar @user-removed,

I did another quick test using another song:

spotify:track:3IRU7QgydvLdrRxZGZa4pL

This requires no HTML <iframe>, which I believe is the reason it isn't working for you.

All you have to do is follow these simple steps:

1) In the Spotify desktop app, select "Copy Spotify URI" on the song/album/artist of your choice

2) Create a post on these forums

3) Click "Insert/edit link" button

Insert link.png

4) Paste the URI

5) Click "Post"

This displays your song as a link in the edit box, but once it is posted it should generate a frame. Please let me know if you need any further help or if this doesn't work for you 🙂

spotify:track:6l0rGMH9GzdkVoy9pW75jx

Ah ok, now it works. I was watching the preview all the time, which didn't show the embeded song. Thanks a lot!

No problem @iGuitar!

Happy listening 🙂

Thank you so much, it has been solved

Hey Jacob I tried your solution and mine still wont pop up for some reason. It days widget cannot be displayed not sure what to do.

No Sleep

what about for follow button embeds/widgets?

Follow me

Suggested posts