Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Embed Player Not Counting 30s streams?

Embed Player Not Counting 30s streams?

My Question or Issue

I recently sent hundreds of fb users by way of ads to a landing page I made that has an embedded Spotify player.

On August 20 and 21, 2020, the days that I first advertised, I saw an increase in streams (~100 each day) equivalent to the number of fb users that clicked on my fb ad and landed on the landing page. Presumably they played the embedded Spotify player. All fb users who landed on my page were on Mobile devices and had Spotify Accounts.

I have since escalated my marketing efforts and driven most recently 350+ fb users over two days to that landing page and there have been NO increase in streams registered by Spotify for that track.

I do understand that after the 30s clip of the song folks have the option to log into Spotify and are taken to the track on Spotify. But this is not related to my questions.

My 2 questions are:
1. Do the 30 s clips from an embedded Spotify player count as streams? On mobile the clip is 30s - do these count as streams? On a desktop the song plays continuously - do these count as streams after 30s? (I can't find the answer to this on any forum on the internet or in the Spotify Community).
2. If 30s clip plays from an embedded player do count, why did the streams register on August 20 and 21 and not for my subsequent - identical - advertising efforts?
1 Reply

Hey there @alandry

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

We suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators.

They should be able to help you more specifically with the issues you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts