Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Embedded Tumblr player not playing music on blog.

Embedded Tumblr player not playing music on blog.

Hello community,

I have a recent problem with music I share to my Tumblr from Spotify. If I share something new, it plays the song fine when it shows up on my Dashboard, but when I try and play the song from my actual blog page (e.g. anything on: http://violetlucidity.tumblr.com/tagged/spotify) no sound comes out. This has been replicated on a friend's computer; he couldn't play it while accessing my blog either. Web Player works fine. Has anybody had this problem too/know how to fix it?

6 Replies

Where are you getting the embed code from? There appears to be a mistake in the encoding from what I can see meaning the track URI can't be passed to the Spotify client correctly. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm just using the Share option in the Spotify client and sharing to Tumblr. Is there a way to export the correct embed code?

If you right click on the content you want and select "Copy Embed Code" you can then paste that as pure HTML onto your blog. I don't use tumblr a lot, but I am about to make an account to do some testing. If there is a bug here, I will be sure to raise it and report back. 😉

Peter

Just tested this again, all content on your blog appears to be working fine for me now (not sure why!)

Peter

Same with me! Does the error in the embed code show up as fixed?

Maybe the error I saw earlier wasn't really an error, but the URI is being passed correctly now to Spotify so I don't know what was wrong earlier.

If it breaks again, shout back here!

Peter

Suggested posts