Premium

Country

France 

Device

iPhone 7 and windows

Operating System

iOS 10,  Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was previously able to save a song without it going to my albums and saving an album without going into songs, which I liked a lot.  However, it appears that albums and songs are now joined, which has jumbled up my entire library.  I have tons of albums containing only one or two songs and albums that I had hadn't saved in songs are now empty.  My library is a total mess and I can't save empty albums without searching for them and saving them again.  How do I get back to how it was before?

10 Replies

I've had this too for the past few days.

I liked keeping single songs saved in Songs, and my favorite albums saved in the Albums section.

It's incredibly frustrating and after 2 years of premium I'm considering moving to another streaming service if it doesn't get fixed.

Hey @yoloswagga47 and @1183636792

Are you experiencing this both on desktop and mobile phone? A couple of screenshots showing us how it looks would help us get a clearer view of what's going on. 

Thanks 🙂

I also have been having this problem for the past couple of weeks and have been posting under a couple of iOS threads, one of which I initiated entitled "Previously Saved Albums Shown as Not Saved and Un-playable" without any resolution or response from Spotify.  This problem is across all platforms, i.e. iOS apps on iPhone and iPad Pro and on Mac desktop app. Only some of my Saved Albums are populated with tracks, all of which are shown under Saved Songs however even though they were not saved as individual songs and did not previously appear there.  Many other previously Saved Albums display the message "You haven't saved anything from [album name]. Save this album to keep it in Your Library." (with no save button) in iOS apps. Locking device and then opening again displays album cover and save button but no tracks. In macOS desktop app it just says "There are no songs from this album in Your Library".  It also has a toggle switch which says "Saved Albums Only"- in off position it shows covers of all previously saved albums and in on position it eliminates those albums with no tracks showing.  They were obviously all previously saved otherwise they would not show in my library of saved albums so why the toggle-if I don't re-save those without tracks is Spotify eventually going to make them permanently disappear from my album library?

I have this exact same issue as described by @BudMan1. Like him, this problem has only been occurring for the past week.

I just want to go back to the old version of the app, where Albums and Songs are separate. Saving an album got you the entire album in the Albums section. And saving a song saved that single song to the Songs section without its album cover showing up in the Albums section. As it stands now, any time I save an album, each of its tracks get saved to my Songs section and my whole library is a mess.

Hey @BudMan1 and @yoloswagga47,

Your saved songs will now appear in a playlist called Favorite Songs. From now on, saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album, so be sure to save the songs you want to keep!

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi Guido,

I don't seem to have that playlist and I'm not sure what you mean by "saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album." The issue is that saving an album saves all the tracks to the song library.  Has the joined song and album libraries been reverted?  And how can I get all my empty albums back without manually searching and saving each album again?

Guido,

While I appreciate your response, I guess I am still confused-I do not see a Playlist entitled "Favorite Songs" and just the same previous headings of Songs and Albums under Your Library on all of my apps.  Further, if I save an album it still appears to save all of the songs in that album.  It sounds like you are saying that we now have to individually save each song in that album (which would be a royal pain) but I see no option to do that as they all appear to be saved when saving the album.  The other original issue is that I have a great number of previously saved albums that used to include all of the album songs but now say that I have to save the album if I want to listen to the songs on that album.  On the iOS app there is no save button on that screen so you have to search for that album again in order to save it, or I have found if I lock the device and re-open, I am then given the option to save the album (but not the individual songs). Why should I have to re-save the many albums that I have previously saved over the past 4.5 years of being a paid subscriber?  And why the toggle under albums to show Saved Albums Only or not?  How would I get an album in to albums without saving it?  Then there is the issue of the Songs section containing every song from every album instead of just those single songs I have chosen to save in the past?  It appears Spotify has taken a really good thing and messed it up completely. Not sure why but it sure does not enhance the user experience.

Hey Guido, thanks for your reply. As mentioned by another user, I'm struggling to find this new playlist–it's not in my list of playlists, not in my library and it's not appearing if I use the seach bar. 

And like @BudMan1 mentioned, suppose I'm listening to music and I want to add that song to my library, I'd have to unlock my phone and add it to the Favorite Songs playlist? Not the end of the world, but it's less efficient than it used to be... I would love to submit feedback via phone or email to someone higher up or to a developer. Is there a way to get in touch?

Has this problem been fixed yet? I've been having this exact same issue and struggling to find a solution.

Hey @silver8888@1183636792@yoloswagga47 and @BudMan1.

It's not possible to roll back to the previous Library experience. You can take a look at this Spotify Answers which contains all the info about how to use the Library.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts