Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Erratic Spotify Connect device list

Erratic Spotify Connect device list

I've got an NAD 7050 at home that works perfectly wih Spotify Connect. However, I'm at work now and I still see the NAD in my Spotify Connect devices list both on my Mac and my iPhone. I can even select it and it'll connect. Everything seems to indicate it's playing; no idea if it actually does though, kinda hard to check. 

Isn't Connect supposed to be confined to my LAN? How is the devices list determined?

2 Replies

Spotify connect will allow you to control any Spotify app that is connect to your account, even if not on the same LAN.

Not sure why it would still show a receiver or other audio device though, as those are limited to your LAN.

For example:

If I have an iPhone across the world that is signed into my account, I can control what is playing on it from my iPad with the Spotify app.

Usually when you are not connected to a LAN, a receiver or other device is not supposed to show up.

Not exactly sure what is going on in this case.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The same thing is happening right now for me.  My friend's receiver is showing up in the list on a device that has never been connected to his LAN!  So I guess the list is stored in Spotify's "cloud"...

Suggested posts