Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Export a playlist as a text file

Solved!

Export a playlist as a text file

I am an instructor for Spinning classes at the YMCA or indoor Cycling class and create very specific playlists with timings. I also have the need to add notes and comments for my reference during the class and would like a way export the playlist in a printable format such as text .TXT or Comma Delimited .CSV. Then I can create columns, add notes and format for printing. Currently I have to screen capture the Spotify interface and in another program add notes but it is very cumbersome, hard to read and uses a lot of ink due to black background.

Attached is a JPEG example of how i have to do it now.

If this is currently possible please let me know because I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

dkmanley

Spin 3-12-15 playlist.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right now there is no way to do this inside of the app.

However, Spotify does allow third party apps to read the data on your account.

Go to this page and click on Spotify:

http://www.playlist-converter.net/

Sign in, and it will grab a list of your playlists. Select the one you want from the dropdown. It will take a minute or to to convert it, but once it is down it will show a textbox with a list of all the songs. You can then copy and paste it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

However, Spotify does allow third party apps to read the data on your account.

Go to this page and click on Spotify:

http://www.playlist-converter.net/

Sign in, and it will grab a list of your playlists. Select the one you want from the dropdown. It will take a minute or to to convert it, but once it is down it will show a textbox with a list of all the songs. You can then copy and paste it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:

What you mean is there was (Ctrl +A, Ctrl+C, open word document, Ctrl+V) until 1.0.1.1060 came along and broke it.

OP, I use spotlistr now so you can try that too, if you want: spotlistr

*Edit* Just realised this is the web player we're talking about. No, Ctrl+C has never worked with that. They seem determined to dumb down the desktop version to the level of the web player so no surprise that it doesn't work with that anymore.

Follow me

Thanks Matt. This did what you said and is a good start. I would love an app that could also include the song length but this is better than nothing. Thanks again. Below is a snap shot of how my list ends up looking when I do it manually.  

spotifyplaylistimage.jpg

Mine doesn't do that.

???

Elizabeth

Hi Matt, i just converted my playlist that has 229 songs on it, but it only converted the first 109. Do you know if that is the limit as to how many it can do at the one time?

cheers

As of 2017 05 20  www.playlist-converter.net still works, and is an excellent way to capture a backup copy of one's playlist in text form... just in case Spotify goes away, or starts purging free accounts.

FWIW my text export contained 324 entries which I think is all of them

This is takes a bit of time however there's no need to exit the spotify bubble or download software. In my web browser, I visit the Spotify Web Player site and view the playlist. I then turn off the page style (In Firefox go to View > Page Style then click No Style) and refresh the page. You can then cut and paste into a text file or spreadsheet to clean up.

Thanks! Works well 🙂

Very thank you !

Follow me

@illinformed wrote:

This is takes a bit of time however there's no need to exit the spotify bubble or download software. In my web browser, I visit the Spotify Web Player site and view the playlist. I then turn off the page style (In Firefox go to View > Page Style then click No Style) and refresh the page. You can then cut and paste into a text file or spreadsheet to clean up.

Great solution, thanks.

If your browser doesn't have those options, a similar (but slightly more fiddly) method is to go into the JavaScript Console (e.g. View > Developer Tools > JavaScript Console in Chrome) and type: 

document.body.innerText;  

That will output the page's text.  You'll still have to do some formatting, but you'll be able to cut and paste it from the JavaScript Console.

Suggested posts