Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Expose “liked songs” playlist to 3rd party API (Sonos)

Solved!

Expose “liked songs” playlist to 3rd party API (Sonos)

When browsing my spotify playlists through Sonos the default “Liked Songs” playlist isn’t available. I can only assume Spotify doesn’t publish this playlist in their external API. 

Plan

Premium

Country
USA

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks! 

Hmm, I've taken a look and you should be able to access Liked Songs on your SONOS-app. Just head to: "Browse > Spotify > Songs (under Your Library)" to find them.

Hubo_0-1612783850394.png

Also, if you're a developer, you can access this using the API with this endpoint: https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-current-user-saved-tracks/. Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Great question... are liked songs visible to 3rd part APIs?

Hey there @fiddystorms ,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We'd be happy to help you with information.

Liked Songs are available on apps for third-party devices, but it depends how the app is programmed to interact with our API.

We recommend you to send any related feedback to the app developers.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wouldn't making the "Liked Songs" list look like a Playlist to 3rd party apps fix the issue for all app developers who are able to access my playlists? Sonos can access all my playlists, but not my "Liked Songs" list. I realize that list is built using metadata based on what songs I like, but externally, couldn't that just be an invisible background task and it is dished up as a standard playlist?

"but it depends how the app is programmed to interact with our API."

Hi! So how my app should interact with API to see liked tracks? Because i also have troubles to find that info in  the WEB API docs.
Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey folks! 

Hmm, I've taken a look and you should be able to access Liked Songs on your SONOS-app. Just head to: "Browse > Spotify > Songs (under Your Library)" to find them.

Hubo_0-1612783850394.png

Also, if you're a developer, you can access this using the API with this endpoint: https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-current-user-saved-tracks/. Let me know if you have any questions!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No kidding - that was it all along!? Haha wow, I feel dumb. Thanks for finding this! Super helpful.

Does this work for people? When i go into the songs they won't play. 

I get a spinning wheel then it says 'error adding songs to queue'

Yes, same issue here. For many months already. Sonos support does not care.

Suggested posts