Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Facebook Spotify Link Preview Not Working (Music Stories)

Facebook Spotify Link Preview Not Working (Music Stories)

jenatbee

(Devices - using a desktop Mac and iPhone )

My Question or Issue

My band has an EP and I want to share it on facebook using the preview player thing. However, whenever we share the link from Spotify (the album link), all we get is a white preview box with the cover of the album.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.14.37 PM.png

What we should be seeing is an interactive preview (see the example below with Taylor Swift).

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.18.54 PM.png

We have a verified artist account and it does not work, whereas other artists aren't verified and have the same amount of followers. I tested this with Spotify artists that are similar to us in following they are able to get working Facebook preview link. 

What can I do to get the interactive Facebook link when I share my album link? 

I used the Facebook debugging method people have posted about and it still won't update. This doesn't make sense and I am at the point where I believe it's a bug on my account? Somebody, please help me because we want to promote our music online and the link preview is extremely outdated.

3 Replies

Re: Facebook Spotify Link Preview Not Working (Music Stories)

jcatalano

I need help with this also. 

I want this :

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.09.39 PM.png

But I get this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.18.29 PM.png

What am I doing wrong? I'm sharing the open.spotify.com/artist link.

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 4.18.29 PM.png

sarahbrosch
Casual Listener

Hi, have you gotten any help with this yet? I’m having the same problem and can find no answers. I emailed Spotify and they said it was facebook’s problem. Facebook has yet to respond. I also tried the debugger and it didn’t work. So frustrating!!!

Hey @sarahbrosch, @jenatbee and @jcatalano,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's basically up to how the content is being labeled and submitted to us. We don't have any exact info about this but perhaps the aggregator or Spotify for Artists could give you some more info about this.

Hope it'll help. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS