Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fake Spotify Ad on Instagram

Solved!

Fake Spotify Ad on Instagram

Hey!
Today i was browsing Instagram and i saw ad that states "get Spotify Premium for 6-months by paying just 1.35!"
The link takes to https://winplaygo.com/fi/?o=146&r=m126319866s7w3&a=26&sa=21590_testoffer
Which is scam.

So can someone from Spotify contact Instagram and take that scam advertising down.
Screenshot_20170217-134236.png
Screenshot_20170217-134216.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @pahapoika91! Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll pass this on to the right folks. Let me know if anything else pops up.

Thanks again and keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @pahapoika91! Welcome to the community!

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll pass this on to the right folks. Let me know if anything else pops up.

Thanks again and keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

I also saw this today on Instagram, and fell for it... I bought it for only 1€ though. It appears i bought a 3 day trial to a site called Dynander, i contacted their support and they said that they actually have a deal with Spotify but not like that i will get 6 months premium for 1€. Buying this 1€ trial gives me a chance to win a spotify premium giveaway or something, it also renews the Dynander subscription three days after, wich costs 89€ but they cancelled this for me. Should i contact my bank or start changing my passwords or something? I had to fill in all of my personal info, name, address, email etc. and my debit card info.

Hey @cptsiika! Thanks for reaching out!

Hmm, this isn't really related to Spotify but I'd definitely contact your bank and make sure that the company that charged you is blocked. Just to be sure.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Kuoleta laittamasi pankkikortti välittömästi. Vaikka peruisit tuon palvelun jäsenyyden, sinun pankkitililtä voidaan silti veloittaa epäoikeutettuja nostoja. Jos nostoja alkaa tapahtua kortin sulkemisen jälkeen, tee rikosilmoitus ja korttireklamaatio pankille.

CLOSE YOUR CREDIT CARD IMMEDIATELY IF YOU'VE SENT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO THIS SCAM!

Typical scam. 

Hi guys!

I got really pissed of when i realized it was a scam but the thing is that they actually did say it was only a competion in the bottom of the add, im not supporting them im just saying that they will cancel the subscription for you and delete you information and give your money back if you go on the BitGamez.com site and chat with the "Need help?" guy and he/she will do as you say. But the thing is this was all along just so would get more costumers to the BitGamez.com site but they just used the premium as a bait but they did explain that it is a 3 day premium trial to their site and that you have a good chance at winning the 6 months permium but never the less it is still considered as a scam for me but they do help you if you don´t want to pay for the BitGamez.com site. I hope you guys get your stuff fixed too and thanks for letting me know that this was a scam not a real deal. 🙂 

Regards 

A pissed of finnish dude on scammers

Hi!

Im 15 years old and i love listening music on spotify and i ran into this ad on instagram and i pressed the ad, i wrote my bank account and everything and it didn't work.

The next day i get a bill on 5,300 SEK that i have to pay! Im only 15!

I think you have to fix this with instagram so nobody else gets into this situation!

IMG_2807.PNG

Why?

Hey all!

The team would like to get to the bottom of this, could you guys send the Instagram account of the advertiser, also they'd like to have as many screenshots as possible, so if you have any, that'd be great!

Thanks, keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

The Finnish police has warn about the fake Instagram add.

Also when i clicked the name it didn't open any profile.

Finnish Police published the warning to most major news providers.
Such as this one:
http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000005123000.html

Last time i saw the add was 3-weeks ago. But now I think that it's has settled and I don't think that there will be more. (From that company atleast.)

Hey @pahapoika91!

Thanks for that information, just give me a shout whenever it pops up again!

Until then, keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Just when i was saying its over i see it again.

URL it opens when I click to "see more"
https://www.facebook.com/ads/ig_redirect/?d=Ad-UsQT-MIm_NhrT3eEmsZlxwatr7z83oMv9K2uwaH9PL9qi9TxKoO2a...
Screenshot_2017-03-13-19-22-32-31.png
Screenshot_20170313-192244.png
Screenshot_20170313-192127.png

Hey @pahapoika91!

Thank you so much for that information. I'll definitely pass this on to the team.

Thanks again! Keep rocking!

HuboSpotify Star

Hey @pahapoika91!

The team says that the link you provided is not working, could you please check it?

Thank you so much! Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

i don't know?

Appeared just now. The link routes through srvjs-page do not know if that is Instagram or the advertiser's page though.

Ended up here: https://zaund.prizeclaimer.com/se/?o=148&r=n2w6837850s9r2&a=17&sa=4116
Screenshot_20170313-224939.png
Screenshot_20170313-224937.png
Screenshot_20170313-224928.png

Yes but it doesn't work when you write everything, then they send you a mail and then you get a link

Filled some info and i landed to
https://magnetdrive.com/fi/gateway.html

Suggested posts