Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fire TV Home Cinema plays no music when tv off

Fire TV Home Cinema plays no music when tv off

I paired my two Echo 4 with a Fire TV stick 2020 as home cinema. It works well also with Spotify as long as the tv is on. When tv is off the Echos will start playing with a delay of 20-30 seconds. This is discussed in Amazon forums also but Amazon says its an issue with Spotify-Connect. 

In my bedroom I would like to listen to music on the Echos also with tv off. And technically it seems to be possible. But Spotify Connect seems to wait/search for the tv until it starts playing on the Echos. 

Does anyone have a solution? I Spotify working on it? Is it a matter of settings?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Tested with Echo Dot 3 today. No problem with them. They play music emediately even with tv off. So it is obviously a bug in Echo 4. 

Hi there @chaltenhoff,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

What we'd recommend is doing a factory reset on your speaker and making sure you're running the latest firmware.

You can also try tapping Play on the Amazon remote after the TV is turned off and let us know if that makes a difference.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tested again with my two Echo Dot 3. With them it works fine. Music plays emediately even when tv is off. So it has to be a bug in the Echo 4. Maybe because they are so new on the market. I opened a ticket with Amazon Support. Let's see how fast they respond.

Hi there @chaltenhoff,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Let us know if you hear anything about this from the Amazon support team.

Cheers 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts