Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Fire TV Stick 4K] Spotify is cycling through every track I recently played.

[Fire TV Stick 4K] Spotify is cycling through every track I recently played.

Device: Fire TV Stick 4K

Plan: Student Premium

Country/Language: Germany/German

I don't often use my Fire TV stick for Spotify. I mainly use Spotify on my phone (android). However, when I want to play music on my Fire TV stick, the view that shows the current, previous and next songs is cycling through every track I played on my phone. The right music starts instantly but the preview is cycling for up to 3 minutes. In this time I can't do anything like skip, pause or even go bac to the main menu. Anyone had the same issue? 

2 Replies

You're not going crazy, my fire TV stick was doing the same thing. Now, I guess with the latest update, it's back to a more normal behaviour.

Hey @derdako,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're still experiencing this, could you try unplugging the tv for a couple of minutes and after the restart log out and back in to your Spotify account two times in a row? This prompts a resynch with our servers.

If that doesn't fix things, there may be corrupted app files causing this behavior. To that end you can remove the Spotify app and install in anew. That way all necessary files get build anew from the ground up.

It's also a good idea to check for updates for the Fire TV Stick, as the most recent version seems to have solved the issue for @habaryu.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts