Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fire TV Stick Won’t Shuffle. Playlist Reverts to First Song of Playlist

Fire TV Stick Won’t Shuffle. Playlist Reverts to First Song of Playlist

Please fix this playlist issue ASAP. This bug has essentially killed Spotify for us and what appears to be, others. This has been going on for about a week.

Random does not work on Fire TV Stick when playing a custom playlist.

It always reverts back to the first alphabetical song in that playlist and plays alphabetical after. This behavior is dictated by the playlist order on iOS and Mac OS Apps. If sorted in reverse alphabetical the last song of the playlist will play first and continue in ZYX…

Random does not work. This is also the case if being pushed from the iOS Spotify App.

Also, beginning in the middle of a alphabetical ordered playlist when pushed from the iOS Spotify App will also revert back to the first alphabetical song in that playlist and plays alphabetical after. 

This behaviors also occurs with the Mac OS Spotify App when pushing a playlist.

This is obviously a bug in the Spotify App for Fire TV, because it does this regardless of playlist, regardless of the iOS device, user account (we’re on premium family) and it does it within the app even if it is not being pushed by and iOS device.

TL:DR The playlist order and random setting is broken on the Spotify Fire TV App. Please fix!

Edit: I have rebooted and reinstalled all the apps to no end. Tried every combination I could think of to trouble shoot.

Spotify Fire TV App Version: 

Fire TV:

Fire OS 5.2.6.7

Fire TV Home Version

6.1.2.1-005

iOS 

iOS Spotify App

2 Replies

This has always happened to me when playing through my laptop and recently I got an Amazon Echo Dot and it’s doing the exact same thing. It’s incredibly annoying

This happens for me too. I switched to apple music bc it was so irritating. Apple Music was not the same so I came back. I’m having a hard time picking between both their faults. This issue is Spotify’s only down side in my opinion. I’m not sure if they will ever fix it 

Suggested posts