Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Firefox error

Solved!

Firefox error

No, I'm not having a DRM issue.

I updated Firefox and now when I log into the Spotify Web Player on my desktop, I get this error message: "Firefox is installing components needed to play the audio or video on this page. Please try again later."

This is not the DRM error message. Also, FWIW, Pandora works fine.

I also recently began (and aborted) installation of the Comodo IceDragon browser; could that be related? Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @xAMDx

What OS are you using? There have been some Ubuntu users whose Firefox said the same thing.

I know that Widewine content decryption module plugin is important for the web player. It should be visible in about:addons, under plugins. Make sure it's allowed to always activate.

Looking forward to your reply... 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @xAMDx

What OS are you using? There have been some Ubuntu users whose Firefox said the same thing.

I know that Widewine content decryption module plugin is important for the web player. It should be visible in about:addons, under plugins. Make sure it's allowed to always activate.

Looking forward to your reply... 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks @Sebasty. I'm running Windows 10. I checked add-ons before posting my message and everything looked good, but I just went back and Firefox said Widevine would be installed shortly. I checked for updates, and now I'm listening to Discover Weekly! Thanks for the nudge, problem solved!

On firefox 52.5.2 running Windows 7 at work.

in Add-Ons - there is no mention of the Widevine plug in.

However, if i go to config:about

I can scroll down the list and find:

media.decoder-doctor.notifications-allowed;MediaWMFNeeded,MediaWidevineNoWMFNoSilverlight,MediaCannotInitializePulseAudio,MediaCannotPlayNoDecoders,MediaUnsupportedLibavcodec

media.gmp-widevinecdm.enabled

media.gmp-widevinecdm.visible

Does this mean I have widevine installed?
When trying to play music in spotify web player, i just get stuck with the message:
Firefox is installing components needed to play the audio or videon on this page. Please try again later.

This version of FF is from the stone age...

This solution does not work for the Quantum-engine FireFox.
Please fix. We can't run old browsers forever...

Suggested posts