Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Followers and subscribers

Solved!

Followers and subscribers

When Spotify enable to possiblity to share playlists, I posted a few of my playlists on different sites, just to see if I could get some followers. Nothing really happended until about a year ago or so, when people suddenly started to subscribe to these playlists: Breakfast Lounge and Smooth Hip Hop. The first one have today about 3500 followers and both playlists could at some point be found under the "browse" menu in Spotify. Every day I got notifications on my iPhone and Windows version of Spotify that I had new followers to these lists. 

Now suddenly a couple of weeks ago notifications stopped and appearently I don't get that many followers anymore. Any idea to what could have happened? I am curious to both why I suddenly got many followers and why it might have stopped. 

//C

• WD

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm guessing you submitted your playlist to Tunigo, which got bought out by Spotify and has become the Browse tab. Unfortunately over recent times, it appears Spotify have been "tidying up" tunigo/browse so they have more control over it since it is now something everyone sees - which means some playlists have been removed.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm guessing you submitted your playlist to Tunigo, which got bought out by Spotify and has become the Browse tab. Unfortunately over recent times, it appears Spotify have been "tidying up" tunigo/browse so they have more control over it since it is now something everyone sees - which means some playlists have been removed.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

Thanks Peter. That sounds like a reasonable explanation. 

//C

More like they completely removed all the user playlist and only posts company owned or people who own those companies. 

It is completely bias. **bleep**ing spotify.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Music-Chat/Privately-owned-playlist-being-removed-from-featured-pla...

Follow me

Suggested posts