Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Applink Sync - Keeps skipping tracks

Ford Applink Sync - Keeps skipping tracks

[iOS8]

Just updated to the latest spotify and now when I plug my iPhone in to my ford focus, it plays 3 seconds of a track, and then skips to the next track.

Was working fine before the update.

70 Replies

yes i am haveing the same problem with ford focus 2014 and iphone 5 i updated this morning to IOS 8 and it plays no joke half a second of a song and skips it. it will skip like 10-15 songs before setting on a song to play then doing it over again when that song ends.

This makes it totally unusable i would rather use the radio.

Before updating it only skiped one song after finishing one. This i was dealing with as it diding take 1 minit to play one song and sound like im skipping the songs like crazy for anyone els in my car.

Please help. Any Fixes?

Just a quick update and just to let people know that it is IOS 8 that is the problem as i have an ipad that i forgot to update and it still works fine with my car 🙂

Work Around:

If you have another apple device that you have not updated to IOS 8 use that 🙂

I have the same issue with iOS 8 and Spotify. It seems to work in Offline-Mode, but then the titles of the tracks are not displayed in the car. When I connect Spotify in Online-Mode, Sync in the car becomes unresponsive and the Tracks are skipped slowly.

Hi i have tryed running is in offline mode but i still get the same problem and it makes no diffrence?

Dose any one know when they will be fixing this issue? as it is starting to get anoying.

And still the only workaround i have found is that useing a non updated device works

Issue persists with iOS 8.1 and Spotify 1.8.1. Music starts to play, but sync in car is unresponsive. Can't controll anything over buttons or voice.

With todays update (1.9.0.2744) everything works fine again 🙂

I also just updated but I still have the problem ??? What did you do to make it work??

Nothing special. Do you have iOS 8.1 installed? Or maybe the Sync-Version in my car is different.
My setup: iPhone 5s (iOS 8.1), Spotify (1.9.0.2744), Ford Focus (mid 2014).

Hey everyone!

As @hoftech mentioned already, this should now be fixed.

Please make sure you're running the latest app version and let us know if you're still having trouble. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Nope i seem to be still haveing an issue i wouldent even say its gotten better.

my set up is Iphone 5 running IOS 8.1 with latest spotify updated on the 30th oct 1.9.0.2744 useing a apple sync cable with a Ford Focus Studio Mid 2014 just before the 64 plate came out i have only had it 2-3 months so i guess it would have the latest update for the car too.

it seems to be working with my ipad that is IOS 7.1 with spotify 1.7.1.7 this works fine apart form the back buttion in the car seems to skip forwards and not backwards and the forwards buttion just skips forwards so there is no skip back buttion.

Help?

Running the latest iOS and Spotify, and it is still happening.

Yes this thred seems to have been dissmissed because one person said that it was fixed.

i am still haveing the same issue 3-4 months down the line and im getting rather pissed off that i cant play music in my car.

Can someone pease pick this back up as its not fixed!!!!!

Hello just a update

I have updated today 8/12/14 and it is still happening this is getting beyond the joke tbh.
Can someone please at least let me know if they are still having this problem or am I alone???

Just updated to latest iOS and spotify and still got the issue 😞

Yep, still having the same issues. Spotify ver. 2.2.0.2464. iOS 8.1.2.
Thinking about moving to a different service if it doesn't get fixed.

I'm still having this problem (checked with iPhone 5 and iPad Mini Retina (both with iOS 8.1.2). It's really annoying. Any update from Spotify team?

Hey spotify developers 🙂 any news on a fix yet?

God only knows how long it's been now and still no fix?!?!?!?!

As I said in many other responses this is beyond the joke and I am extremely unhappy

Sort your S*** out Spotify

Having exactly the same problem...iPad Mini, Ford Focus and Spotify. Used to work "fine" with an iOs 6 iPod, but not with the iPad mini. The Ford system and the ipad are perfectly compatible, so maybe the solution for this is that we buy the music from iTunes instead...

Hi again

i just wanted to let you guys know that i have taken my car in for a software update but it seems to be up to date. They said that the problem is with apple. so not spotify or ford.

If we can all send our complaints to apple instead or aswell as posting here they might just do something about it.

just thought ill let you guys know

And allso no offence to Pollomx i only play £9.99 / Month so then i dont have to spend stupid amounts on buying it from itunes this is not really a solution. Ford advertise that spotify works with there cars so it should and im not going to start spending tuns on buying new music from itunes that just what apple want you to do...

Suggested posts