Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Applink Sync - Keeps skipping tracks

Ford Applink Sync - Keeps skipping tracks

[iOS8]

Just updated to the latest spotify and now when I plug my iPhone in to my ford focus, it plays 3 seconds of a track, and then skips to the next track.

Was working fine before the update.

70 Replies

Quick update

Just updates to new iOS and I have still got the issue.
Has anyone got a perm fix for this yet??

I'm having this issue as well. It's so annoying as before the latest IOS update Spotify played fine in my car. I've now had to cancel my Spotify subscription because of it

Sick of it,6months still not fixed!! Ford focus 2014 with usb input not sync,everything working fine till ios 8!!!
No answer from apple,but spotify said works with there ford so thought ok will try Ford!! After three weeks
Got a answer from ford: Dear Mr. Johnstone,

Thank you for sending us the VIN number.

As we have seen in our system, your car doesn't have Sync, and therefore even App Link,
so your car can not use Spotify at all.

Ford introduced Sync with App link since March 2014.

We hope we have informed you enough.

With kind regards,

Frans Essink
Ford CRC
What a joke!!!!!!!!

Year 1 million

still no fix and i am starting to wonder if i will be ever rescued off this horible nightmare island.

Driveing around endlessly without anything to lisen to part from the main stream rubblish on the radio.

what should i do?

Sorry im bord 😄

just updated to ios 8.3 still nothing 

BAfhdsnjgkdlfphgtrhjislertnhposjioth GRRRR

IT WORKED BEFORE IOS 8 JUST FIX IT!!!!!!!!

I've resorted to buying an AUX cable and playing my music from Spotify this way. It's not as convenient as you can't change the song on the wheel but better than nothing. I think the Fiesta systems just aren't uptodate enough to be compatible with the latest Apple updates.

Yeah...in case you have an AUX. The problem with us is that the Ford Focus only has a USB cable, and the problem is stil not fixed... an option is to use an iTrip, but its just a horrible mess and you can't manage the iPad from the console.

What I've decide to do, is to cancell Spotify (the premium version) and just listen to my music downloaded from iTunes that works pefectly!

Regards!

Yes the focus only has the usb and not the aux but my car doesn't even work with iTunes it only plays 2 songs from my entire collection and dose not play anymore if you try any select another one it just changes back.
What set up are you using ?? Eg I use a iPhone 5 16gb running iOS 8.3

Hey! I'm using 8.3 on my 6+ in a 2011 Ford Edge Sport, everything has been updated and just recently the songs on my phone just skip halfway through, and it's selective on the songs it chooses to skip what do I do ?

I've got the same problem, recently updated to new iOS and now my spotify app keeps skipping tracks. iPhone 5c, Ford Fiesta 2014. Terrible! Considering the problem excistst for so long now I presume it's not on any prio lists? : (

I'm having the exact same problem.. All my songs just skip after 2/3 seconds in. I have a Ford Fiesta 2014. Apple iPhone 5s and running iOS 9 Beta. Still had this problem with iOS 8 too. Soo frustrating!

I've got same problem in my Ford Focus 2014 / Iphone 6S. My phone is new and spotify is current version. please help us with this problem. I think spotify has to work with Ford. There is a problem with Focus Media Player system. 

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing good?

Just to keep you in the loop, we're currently looking into this 🙂

Can you individually confirm if you're still having this problem?

Thanks!

Yes

Hi Cathrine! 

Yes, but I think it has more to do with Ford / Apple, than it does with Spotify.

I've now found that even when I play podcasts on a diffent app, it still has the same problem. 

I'm leaning more towards Ford as they don't offer any updates to there incar entertainment software, and the iPhone works perfectly well in other vehicles.

Good luck though! I hope you guys can figure it out.

I agree it's definitely a ford update issue. The spotify updates have simply passed what the cars were originally programmed for

Ford Focus 2015, skipping tracks after exactly 2 seconds, sometimes it will randomly play one song normally, then revert back to skipping again...

We have been in contact with Ford and they are unfortunately not able to reproduce this issue. Neither with Applink, USB Audio nor Bluetooth. Is it possible for some of you to supply the VIN number of your car so that they can test with exactly the Head Unit you have?

Based on the descriptions in the thread the only thing you have to do to reproduce this is to connect and play, but please provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue if that is not correct.

@fredrikschmidt - first, thanks for taking care of this. It's extremely annoying.

I test it yesterday - it's still broken. It works well if apple music though. 

1) Make sure that iOS version is iOS8 or higher (9.2.1 here)

2) Connect your Apple device via USB Audio (not sure about Bluetooth as I don't have it)

3) Switch to AUX mode

4) Play any tune from Spotify (sometimes first one works, but after the second one it always starts skipping)

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know I got the same problem over here in Germany with my 2011 Ford Fiesta

Hi, its exactly as czajkovsky says. The first track always works when you connect the iPad/iPhone through the USB, but then it goes crazy. Something important to say, is that before an update of 2014 (August aprox.) Spotify worked fine with my 2014 Ford Focus. Thanks for the follow upfredrikschmidt!

Suggested posts