Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Applink Sync - Keeps skipping tracks

Ford Applink Sync - Keeps skipping tracks

[iOS8]

Just updated to the latest spotify and now when I plug my iPhone in to my ford focus, it plays 3 seconds of a track, and then skips to the next track.

Was working fine before the update.

70 Replies

I SOLVEEEEEEED. çözdüm sonunda be.
yes friends im so happy because i do it. i remember spotify is working at my car (2013 fiesta) 2-3 year ago. no skipping, no stopping. i thought and trying all old versions installing to my iphone 6s. starting 8,4 8,3 8,2.......6.0 annddd install 5.9 YESS i tried all versions and 5.9 is ok. now, no skipping, i touch song and start stability. please try 5.9 and older versions. no solved continue 5.8 5.7 5.6 try. i wait your feedbacks. 

dostum çözdüm bakmak istersen yazdım

dostum selam ; 5.9 dediğin spotfiy sürümü sanırım? Jailbreak ile kullanmak gerekiyor ve ben bizi umursamayan bir firma için telefonumun orjinalliğini bozmak istemem

Teşekkür ederim!

It's now June 2017, and the problem is still happening.

With Spotify, every track skips after the first second, and only works if you start playing the song before plugging in. Downloaded Apple Music, but instead of skipping to the next song, it constantly skips back to the first song in the list/playlist. Perhaps more of a problem with how iOS interacts with Ford software as much as Spotify app problems...

Any suggestions yet @Spotify?

evet benim telefonum jailbreakli ama bende teefonu jailbreaksiz kullanmam o derece ekstralari var. hatta bu dandik uygulamayi bedavaya bile kullanabilenler varmis:d ama jailbreaksizde eski surum yuklemenin yollari var haberin olsun.

bu arada cozumu like ederseniz digerleri de faydalansin:)

I’m still having the problem in my F250, I just updated the app yesterday and it made it worse. Now it only plays the first 20-30 seconds of every song and goes to the next track. Is there any fix to it? 

I just updated the app yestarday and it made it worse in my F250, it only plays about the first 20-30 seconds of each song and then skips to the next track. Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

Hey, 

there's a tini mini solution (somehow). You need to turn on radio mode on Spotify. It doesn't skipping as much as in normal playlist.

It worked for me as pop radio but none as ex. league of legends radio (working as normal playlist I suppose).

I'm gonna have a new model in 2 years (maybe Toyota) and I hope it will disappear.

Hey all, 

I have a decent fix, haven’t had problems afterward. But if you go to the music player screen and pause it, then resume it, it doesn’t skip anymore...only a couple times have I had to pause/play more than one time while my car continues running. I’ve only had the skipping program when connected over Bluetooth, not hard wired into the system. 

Suggested posts