Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

Free Spotify Radio on Sonos?

Since Spotify Radio is available on iOS with free Spotify Account, I would think/hope I would also be able to listen to Spotify on my Sonos system (as I'm able to do with other online streamers).  Are there any plans to offer this ability?

54 Replies

I perfectly understand the danger of diminishing the value of the premium subscription giving free access through other services like Sonos. But for example, having limited access like through the mobile version (for example only with the shuffle, or only with the artist radio) could be a reasonable mediation. What I can't understand is the extreme option everything or nothing!

Anyway, for the moment I created a profile on Deezer which offers that option. and this is exactly what spotify should avoid 😉

Just got a SONOS system and really surprised I need to be a premium member to stream Spotify at home. Makes no sense at all especially now Spotify mobile is free now... hope this gets addressed soon. 

This makes no sense why Spotify is not free on Sonos. I was just about to buy Sonos but now I'm not sure. I'll probably wait to see if Spotify makes a change soon.

+1 please allow me to use the free spotify features with my Sonos

Is there a formal response from sonos about this? I've emailed customer support and haven't heard back. Escalated the ticket and still haven't heard from anyone.

+1 for free spotify account access on sonos

Is there already another system where I can play my music on a free spotify account? If Sonos is not implementing this, then I will look for another system and sell my sonos speakers. 

I would consider buying a premium account, but it doesnt work properly on my phone when I am not at home, therefore it is not worth the investment imo

Here is my +1..please allow free accounts to work on Sonos system.  Spotify has been my #1 source for music for at least 3 years.  The ease of subscribing and unsubscribing "on the fly" is one of the major reasons I use it.  I have had other paid music sources and have canceled them all because in my opinion Spotify has had the the best to offer and if I am looking for a commerical free experiance I can go with a Premium account.  Of the few music/radio accounts that Sonos offers there are commercial interuptions which would be just fine I think with most of us if we could get our free Spotify accounts to work on the Sonos system.  Keep up the great work and please do consider this option for all your loyal Spoters.  Thanks Djaykrs

+1

I am new to Spotify and having transistioned over from Pandora i can't believe I didn't know about this before. 
It is a fantasitc service and if i could afford the $10.00 monthly premium subscription i would but for now i am grateful for what you do offer for Free.   However, i would love to be able to utilize it on my Sonos but they say i need a Premium account ... here is where i am adding my +1 to bring a change to the subscriptions option on the Sonos Software.

+1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   +1   

Just bought a Sonos play1 and realised I can't use spotify through it without paying for the premium package! To say I am unimpressed is an understatement! Feel like I have been conned a bit.

Just discovered Spotify on my iphone and went to use my account on my Sonos only to discover it required a paid subscription. Going back to Pandora which plays for free (with commercials) over my Sonos equipment.

Too bad seemed like Spotify good be a good option to use all day long while listening to my Sonos.

Let me know when Spotify decides to enable non-premium users to listen to music on Sonos

+1

How do get pandora?

Similar to Spotify, sign up for the free service or the premium service. The difference is that Pandora's free service works on Sonos.

http://www.pandora.com/

Similar to Spotify, sign up for the free service or the premium service. The difference is that Pandora's free service works on Sonos -Pandora.com

Not available in the uk 😡
Thanks though

Spotify does not give Sonos the API to make radio and many other Spotify features work. Don't blame Sonos.

True but Sonos could work one getting it.

hey spotify, now that tidal got you hundreds of thousands of new subscribers and press coverage.

how about giving us/sonos what they need so we can use this on sonos.

Suggested posts